article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

I’ve long been an advocate of using Lean Startup principles to advance non-profits and philanthropic organizations, whose work is so urgently needed at this moment in history. In this blog post, I want to share the story of a lean pop-up organization called HelpKitchen. SF New Deal and Frontline Foods were early leaders.

Lean 128
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Share Their Business Goals for 2018

Hearpreneur

We’ll do this through a variety of ways like introducing new products and features to our website, and focusing on a variety of marketing strategies to grow and engage our community. This year we will hit our 100,000th person on experiential tours of Detroit and launch a new program that shares lessons learned with other leaders.

Detroit 92
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lean Startup Conference 2018 is Coming to Las Vegas

Startup Lessons Learned

After eight years in San Francisco, the Lean Startup Company's annual flagship conference is moving to downtown Las Vegas. From November 14 - 16, at the Zappos Campus, Lean Startup Conference 2018 will feature all-new workshops, speakers, and networking events covering all the latest Lean Startup insights and innovations.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #81 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Lean Marketing: Don’t Believe Your Own Press Releases – [link]. You need to be HUMAN, not amateur, when building communities. Well thought out points on building a web design community – [link]. Detroit show sucked – [link]. How To Find Your First Customers And Grow Your Business – [link].

article thumbnail

4 Startup Lessons I Learned From ‘SimCity’

YoungUpstarts

rex will rip through your most prominent residential community. By trading resources or funds between cities , a smaller town can grow to become a large city that helps its neighbors for the good of the community. Coplex builds startups and digital products using lean and agile techniques. Otherwise your city is toast.

article thumbnail

One Hand Clapping – Entrepreneurship In Ann Arbor, Michigan

Steve Blank

Everyone I met in this program “gets” the principles of Agile, Lean and Customer Development big time. Finally, I was impressed to find a robust local entrepreneurial community centered around A2Geeks and the Tech Brewery (after I met Dug Song I understood why.). A Lack of a Startup Culture in the Community. Not My Problem.

Michigan 309
article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. But while you are small and lean, take advantage of everyone skills; if someone on your team is a great writer, have them take charge of your press releases and marketing content.