article thumbnail

SWOT Analysis Examples

Up and Running

Sedibeng’s primary market advantages are their company culture, consistent “quality” branding, traditional brew recipes, and commitment to rural distribution. Botanical Bounty is an Oregon-based perennial farm that grows a variety of botanical, medicinal plants. See Also: The Complete Sedibeng Breweries Business Plan.

Botswana 148
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Journey Takes Melvin Brewing To Denver’s Heights and Beyond

The Startup Magazine

The brewery has experienced a high level of success in the regional market, with a wide distribution in Wyoming and a satellite brewpub in Bellingham, Washington. With the move to the 30-barrel facility, they were able to distribute their product on a larger scale and bottle it for remote distribution. Early Developments.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

An excellent example of a social enterprise is The Empowerment Plan —an organization that hires people currently living in homeless shelters to create a combination winter coat, sleeping bag, and over-the-shoulder bag, which is then distributed to the homeless of Detroit free of charge. Here in the U.S. Maryland was the first U.S.

article thumbnail

Mentoring the mentors: Advice and inspiration for startup mentors

siliconflorist.com

Covering the blossoming startup industry in Portland, Oregon, and the Silicon Forest. Distributed Systems Software Engineer. Community Manager. I welcome any tips, product announcements, stories, or rumors that involve Portland, Oregon, or Silicon Forest technology. Oregon Entrepreneur Network (OEN). 3 Comments.

article thumbnail

Meet the Grand Prize Entrepreneurs of the BEC Boost

Up and Running

She sells her products in 11 stores and two restaurants in and around Oregon House, California, where Freja’s Foods currently operates. Freja Nelson’s been in business for 18 months, making a completely vegan, organic and soy-free alternative to meat called VegiMeat. From left to right: Ken Freeman, Freja Nelson and Mike Roessler.

article thumbnail

How to Make Community the Secret To Success

Duct Tape Marketing

How to Make Community the Secret To Success written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. The word community has been with us for centuries. A town, a church, a school, a collection of hobbyists, have all long been identified as communities. A community, as described above, can serve a business in a number of ways.

article thumbnail

How I Started a Gluten-Free Cookie Company: With Josh Fegles of Jude’s Foods

Up and Running

” That’s what got me connected with Oregon State University’s Food Innovation Center and Portland Community College’s Small Business Development Center. The class was about a three month class, and then after it was over I took those next steps to get my LLC and my bakery license from the Oregon Department of Agriculture.

Oregon 60