article thumbnail

Stop Fighting What You Don’t Love And Outsource The Nonessential

YoungUpstarts

I run an online art business that prints and ships thousands of orders each week to buyers all over the world — and I’m able to do it with only four full-time employees, thanks to outsourcing. Outsourcing allows me to protect that community. based employees who can answer our calls at any time.

article thumbnail

Small Business – 4 Reasons You’re Too Small to Fail

Mike Michalowicz

?. Mural by Luke Buchanan, Raleigh, North Carolina. When customers utilize the services of a small business, they’re giving back to the local community when the business pays their taxes, including local property tax. It’s a bit bumpy lately, right? . How many small businesses are there? Small businesses employ local workers.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

ATA Action Alert: Texas’ bathroom bill

Austin Startup

Sign on to a tech community letter On July 18, the Texas Legislature will begin a special session, and one of the topics they’ll consider is the “ bathroom bill ” — proposed legislation to restrict where transgender Texans can use the bathroom and weaken existing non-discrimination protections in Austin and other cities across Texas.

Texas 48
article thumbnail

Community Relations And The Small Business

YoungUpstarts

You can’t expect to realize profits without the community’s support of your company. Positive community relationships are vital ones that can make or break your good name. By building solid relationships within the community, you will effortlessly drive customers to your way. Attend Events. Donate to Local Charities.

Community 164
article thumbnail

The 10 Best U.S. Cities to Start a Business in for 2016

Up and Running

Community Development Resources Nebraska. When it comes to best states to start a business in, North Carolina ranked second, and the state as a whole also ranked top five on cost of labor, low business costs, and beneficial tax structure. Nebraska One-Stop Business.

St. Louis 105
article thumbnail

How to Choose a Business Location

Up and Running

Will you easily be able to find employees? Do you have access to an engaged community that is eager to help? Can you afford to pay your employees at least the minimum wage? Here’s an example permit for the city of Winston-Salem in North Carolina. He wanted to stay rooted in his community in South Carolina. “My

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I originally provided pro-bono public relations services to artists and non-profits due to my love for the community and the arts. I wanted to make the community and the world aware of the talent, businesses and resources that thrive within my city. Now, I have employees, a production studio and we are very busy.