article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

Instead of students or faculty coming in with their own ideas — we now have them working on societal problems, whether they’re problems for the State Department or the Department of Defense, or non-profits/NGOs, or for the City of Oakland or for energy or the environment, or for anything they’re passionate about.

Oakland 306
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence community or other government agencies. Project Agrippa – Logistics and Sustainment in IndoPacific.

Lean 394
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2019

Steve Blank

Instead of students or faculty coming in with their own ideas — we now have them working on societal problems, whether they’re problems for the State Department or the Department of Defense, or non-profits/NGOs, or for the City of Oakland or for energy or the environment, or for anything they’re passionate about. Team: Learn2Win.

Oakland 271
article thumbnail

Diverse Lead Firms

Austin Startup

Aspect Ventures | Aligned VC We believe that the interests of investors and entrepreneurs can and should be aligned. All of us have built great careers and portfolios along with amazing relationships with entrepreneurs and executives. For most of us, we have been the only woman partner or senior executive in our firm.

article thumbnail

The Year of Startups Everywhere

Feld Thoughts

When the phrase “Startup Communities” started to become mainstream around 2012, I made the strong assertion that you could create a startup community in any city with at least 100,000 people. Or you can just call it San Francisco, Oakland, and the Peninsula. Or maybe toss SOMA in. Or, well, does it really matter?

article thumbnail

Cannabis Entrepreneurs Coming to Austin

Austin Startup

The first-ever Austin Cannabis Entrepreneur (ACE) Conference comes to the Hyatt Regency on April 19–20, bringing two days of content focused on startup opportunities in this fast-growing market. Register now for the Austin Cannabis Entrepreneur (ACE) Conference on April 19–20 at the Hyatt Regency for just $75.

Austin 59
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Density and Venture Capital

Feld Thoughts

Richard Florida continues to write amazing stuff about Startup Communities in The Atlantic Online. The Connection Between Venture Capital and Diverse, Dense Communities. For a long time I’ve suggested that an interesting measure of entrepreneurial density would be ((entrepreneurs + employees of startups) / total population).