article thumbnail

Pandere Shoes, Anchorage Startups, and Techstars

Feld Thoughts

I met the co-founder Laura Oden when I was in Anchorage last month to speak at the Accelerate Alaska event. She described how she met her founders at Techstars Startup Weekend in 2016. The founders loved where they lived and put together a support team of shoe experts and designers in Boston, France, and Portugal.

Alaska 113
article thumbnail

How to Translate Your Passion Into Your Purpose

Duct Tape Marketing

How to Translate Your Passion Into Your Purpose written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Liz Elting In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Liz Elting, the co-founder and CEO of the award-winning TransPerfect. billion in revenue and offices in over 100 cities around the globe.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

Our name, Lubanzi, comes from a wandering dog that followed me and my co-founder on a 6 day, 100 mile trip hiking across South Africa’s remote Wild Coast. Navio, or nao in Old Spanish, was the primary ship used by the early explorers from Spain and Portugal during the Age of Discovery. Ironistic was born! 5- From a wandering dog.

Naming 70
article thumbnail

[Event] Sandbox Global Summit Gathers Young Innovative Minds in Lisbon

YoungUpstarts

The recently concluded Sandbox Global Summit which took place over the weekend saw some of the brightest young minds gather in Lisbon, Portugal and engage in discussions over ideas that (one day may) change the world. “We aim to give space to heated discussions and unreasonable thoughts,” says Sandbox Network CEO, Nico Luchsinger.

Global 168
article thumbnail

This Weekend

Startup Lessons Learned

The next couple of days are going to be amazing, as the Lean Startup community converges on San Francisco. If you're in town Saturday night, you'll want to stop by Ignite: Lean Startup , a community-run event that features a number of new voices in the Lean Startup community. Co-founder, Backblaze. Founder, BlueSpark.

article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

This is a reference to the founder and CEO, Jeremy Knauff’s background in an infantry unit as a United States Marine. In addition, we contribute to the veterans community both through financial contributions, and pro bono services to various organizations. Now THAT’S an industry known for overusing a founder’s name.)

Naming 48
article thumbnail

Y Combinator's First Batch: Where Are They Now?

thenextweb.com

After giving the applicants just 10 days to submit, Graham received an amazing 227 applications, which just goes to show the unbelievable drive that the young would-be founders had. Like a parent, Y Combinator protected and guided a group of eight applicants who were chosen to be part of the Y Combinator Summer Founders Program.