article thumbnail

Storably.com – Peer-to-Peer Marketplace For Renting Storage Or Carpark Space

YoungUpstarts

Philadelphia-based Storably is founded by Wharton Penn graduates Josh Kowitt and Apu Gupta. Kowitt and Gupta then hired a full-time VP of Engineering, Nick Shiftan, who rebuilt the site from scratch. They later brought on Brendan Lowry as a community manager. Breaking Out Of Cold Storage. Team First, Idea Later.

article thumbnail

"The Startup Way" is Headed to London

Startup Lessons Learned

From New York, Philadelphia, and Boston to Los Angeles and San Francisco, entrepreneurs came out to share their enthusiasm -- you really are everywhere.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Open a Successful Hair Salon

Up and Running

Dallas Alleman, the owner of Salon Du Beau Monde in New Orleans, and Avi Shenkar, the owner of Philadelphia-based BLO/OUT , have different backgrounds and different business models, but share similar strategies for success. However, he has opened two BLO/OUT locations in Philadelphia and is working on three other locations.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Will Bachman.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

My partner Denise lives outside of Philadelphia, and wanted more flexibility to be there for her children and grandchildren. We put together a solid business plan, worked through our competitive advantages, hired the vendors we needed. I live in Abu Dhabi with my wife, and we wanted the freedom to travel frequently.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

Well, for starters, I was born in Philadelphia, so I’m a lifelong Eagles fan. But just give people a taste, and then what I would challenge the community here to do is, these different things that you’re not an expert on or you’re not good at, go back and read what Mark has written about it. 00:00:52] MARK: Sure.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. As you grow, think about the right timing for bringing on more people with specific roles, but remember – hire slow, fire fast. So if you do find your duplicate, hire them as soon as possible.