article thumbnail

How to Startup Your UK Business as a Non-resident

The Startup Magazine

For example, if you were a software engineer based in India, you are well within your rights to sell your services as an outsourced contractor to a UK company. However, as a citizen of India, you would not be allowed to become an employee of that company without first obtaining a work VISA.

India 91
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: Exciting Companies Lined Up For Microsoft Startup Grant Finals

ReadWriteStart

During today's roundtable, we had four Microsoft BizSpark Startup India Challenge grant finalists present. Freshdesk First, Girish Mathrubootham from Chennai, India, pitched Freshdesk , a SaaS company that provides small and medium businesses with on-demand customer support software that offers multi-channel social support.

India 123
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. GCVF specializes in providing critical support to founders based in small communities, while connecting them to an unfair network well-beyond their small-town headquarters. . (co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

Finance Fridays

Feld Thoughts

In the mean time, please meet the Finance Fridays team: Jonathan Wolter has been a lead consultant and software engineer at ThoughtWorks working for clients in Silicon Valley, Texas, Chicago, and India. Our first substantive post will be up next Friday. Now he is slated to enter Booth at the University of Chicago in the fall.

Finance 135
article thumbnail

Startup Act 3.0: A New Hope For Immigrant Entrepreneurs?

ReadWriteStart

One of the company’s four employees, its software engineer, is not an American citizen. But if he were to lose his job, the developer would face the prospect of being forced to return to his native India, relinquishing his toehold in the States. But what’s different about this story are the players involved.

article thumbnail

TNW Profile: Credictive founder Ela Madej on being ‘a woman in tech’, Rainbows and Unicorns

The Next Web

Both my parents and my sister are software engineers … I actually have female co-founders in my companies – an amazing developer & manager Agata (also included in that Top 100 list) and Socha, an architect-turned-designer. It was a huge success, we attracted all best names in the community and people loved it!

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #13: Alpha Lee on remembering the 2003 SARS epidemic and his opensource COVID-19 Moonshot

Startup Lessons Learned

First in Wuhan, China, and then the fact that it can spread so quickly in Italy and continental Europe really surprises me and I think a lot of others as well in the scientific community. I think once we lean on the community, the community really has uplifted us to an even more promising stage. Eric Ries : First ever?