article thumbnail

My New FiberHouse in Kansas City

Feld Thoughts

I bought a house in Kansas City on Monday. As part of helping create the Kansas City startup community. As part of helping create the Kansas City startup community. First, I want to set an example using some of the principles I talk about in Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your City.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. Back to Podcast. Transcript. This is John Jantsch.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Techstars in Kansas City

Feld Thoughts

Yesterday Techstars announced the launch of Techstars Kansas City. I have a long history with Kansas City. I almost grew up in Kansas City, as the two cities my parents looked at when moving from Boston were Kansas City and Dallas (they chose Dallas.) K), and his value system around entrepreneurship and philanthropy.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I focused on what it is I do, I want to be approachable to the community and also I thought it important to express an idea of ‘moving with the times’, being fresh, consistent with modern practices and the such. We workshopped a lot of names, polled friends, and searched the internet. Thanks to Tim Sims, Kansas-Sleep ! #25-

Naming 99
article thumbnail

Weekend Reading on Startup Communities

Feld Thoughts

So this weekend was about startup communities with a bonus book on the startup visa tossed in for good measure. It also ends just as the rise of the Internet begins, so it’s the long arc of Silicon Valley is not overshadowed by the last twenty years. The first was The Making of Silicon Valley: A One Hundred Year Renaissance.

article thumbnail

The Feld Fiberhouse Is Now The Handprint House

Feld Thoughts

Google Fiber was installed last week so when they move in they’ll immediately have access to 1 gigibit Internet. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m doing this as an experiment around Startup Communities. Startup Communities fiberhood homes for hackers kansas city kc fiberhouse kc startup village'

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #80 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

The Economics of Attention: Why There Are No Second Chances on the Internet – [link]. Time to move to Kansas City for faster Internet speeds? Creative & Smart Slogans – [link] ( expand ) and how to write a great slogan for your biz – [link]. The Best 10 Solutions For Email Marketing – [link].