article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Jump forward 16-17 years, through numerous mergers, sales, wins and losses, and our current agency, HUB, is going strong, powered and pushed forward by that original desire to do a good job, create sustainable digital products and generally make a difference. But I also leaned that is actually ok. Why did you start your business?

article thumbnail

Episode 5 on Sirius XM Channel 111: Pete Newell, John Kuhn, Matt Weingart, Takashi Tsutsmi and Masato Iino

Steve Blank

He connects the Lab with the defense user community. His responsibilities include establishing the partnership frameworks between government, private sector, and academia needed to deliver end-use solutions to national security challenges (cybersecurity, undersea warfare, communications, etc.). .

Channel 120
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Build Trust With Potential Clients

YoungUpstarts

It allows one buddy to lean on another in war or commerce and combat, but, more importantly, it is sinew that binds communities together, enabling them to do together what they cannot do as individuals. It is also a critical prerequisite to selling consulting and professional services successfully.

Virginia 157
article thumbnail

How To Build Trust With Potential Clients

YoungUpstarts

It allows one buddy to lean on another in war or commerce and combat, but, more importantly, it is sinew that binds communities together, enabling them to do together what they cannot do as individuals. It is also a critical prerequisite to selling consulting and professional services successfully.

Virginia 113
article thumbnail

What a CFO Can Do For Your Agency

Duct Tape Marketing

Jason Blumer (01:29): Yeah, well we serve a community of them and they're, I was saying off, off hair, they're just as weird as normal entrepreneurs and need just as much care. Jason Blumer (09:15): So, and that's kind of leaning them into the accrual world versus cash reporting. I mean, it almost feels a bit like an oxymoron.

CPA 73
article thumbnail

A conversation with Scott Kupor of Andreessen Horowitz, author and speaker at Lean Startup Conference 2019

Startup Lessons Learned

He’ll be speaking at this year’s Lean Startup Conference , and also has a new book (for which I very happily wrote a short foreword) coming out next month: Secrets of Sand Hill Road: Venture Capital and How to Get It.

Lean 108
article thumbnail

Will Work for Equity - Investing in Clients - Arizona Bay

www.inc.com

Join our community. Even with the turmoil in the capital markets in the second half of 2007, it was another record year for merger and acquisition activity. But Ive definitely had to lean on Dave. ); Login or signup. Welcome | Logout. Login using: Use your Inc.com account: Forgot login ? Forgot login ? Start-up | Mondays.

Arizona 40