article thumbnail

What Is a 501(c)(3) Organization, and What Are The Different Types?

Board Effect

The federal government describes the types of nonprofits exempt from federal income tax in the 501(c)(3) section of the United States Internal Revenue Code. The Loft : A Minnesota nonprofit that promotes the development of writers, literary awareness, and a passion for literature. So, exactly what is a 501(c)(3) organization?

article thumbnail

Retail Reimagined: 9 Trends for the Future of Physical Retail

ConversionXL

Small retailers are the bedrock of our communities, and consumers will still choose to shop retail when the experience is worth it. Before the pandemic hit, Minnesota brand TC Running had two brick-and-mortar stores and zero ecommerce presence. million of inventory online and recovered all their lost POS revenue with online sales.

eCommerce 155
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

Minneapolis, Minnesota: Cars line up at a drive-thru food pantry. We’re hopeful that by sharing our story, others in the tech and philanthropic world can get some ideas for ways they can use lean principles to help their communities through this trying time.

Lean 128
article thumbnail

What Is the Difference Between Business Ethics and Social Responsibility?

Board Effect

In a business sense, corporate leaders must follow the right behavior to benefit the good of everyone including the shareholders, stakeholders, employees, customers, and the community. Social responsibility refers to businesses doing what they can to benefit their communities. Defining Social Responsibility.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This essay is part of a series on alternative VC: I: Revenue-Based Investing: a new option for founders who care about control. II: Who are the major Revenue-Based Investing VCs? IV: Should your new VC fund use Revenue-Based Investing?

Equity 78
article thumbnail

Sponsoring and promoting women and minorities in tech

Austin Startup

Many years ago I was sponsored by a small business owner in Minnesota who believed in me. As an organizer of a meetup group and a techie, I can sponsor underrepresented minorities by promoting them, their businesses, and their ideas with the rest of the Austin tech community. I acquired experience and self-confidence.

article thumbnail

University of Minnesota Commencement speech – May 10th 2013

Steve Blank

Many of you are going to take what you learned here, get a good job, get married, buy a house, have a family, be a great parent, serve your community and country, hang with friends and live a good life. Minnesota is a wonderful place to hunt, fish, canoe, raise kids, and pursue lots of interests other than just your job.

Minnesota 335