article thumbnail

10 Companies Want To Show You The Money

YoungUpstarts

All Lyft drivers must be friendly, community-oriented drivers who love meeting new people, who can pass a phone screen, an in-person meeting and background & DMV record checks. TaskRabbit is available in San Francisco, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami. Task Rabbit.

article thumbnail

Why the future of work is already here

The Next Web

I’m also instant messaging a co-worker in New York City, about to get on a Skype call with our Community Manager in the Netherlands, and sending an email to our development team in Paris. This post originally appeared on the Sketchfab blog.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Travel industry should learn how to listen to social media

Austin Startup

Later on, I joined with other bloggers to write for the Perceptive Travel blog, plus I covered NHRA drag racing on Fast Machines for awhile and then started my own personal blog and co-founded a learning community (Tourism Currents, [link] teaching social media for tourism. Q: I noted your military experience in the Navy.

article thumbnail

15 steps to launch your own tech startup: Part 2

The Next Web

You can find the Part 1, Dream Big and Start Small , Work to Learn, Not Earn , and Join the Community , here. New York, Tel Aviv, London, and Berlin are vibrant tech hubs too. Depending on your new business, location does matter. Find the right location. Try to rent an apartment in one of those districts.

article thumbnail

Startup Lessons Learned 2011 streaming live

Startup Lessons Learned

We struggle with this issue every year, because we strongly encourage everyone who can to participate with their local entrepreneurship community. Strengthening ties between entrepreneurs is one of our most important values. That said, there comes a point where that's not possible for everyone.

article thumbnail

This Weekend

Startup Lessons Learned

The next couple of days are going to be amazing, as the Lean Startup community converges on San Francisco. If you're in town Saturday night, you'll want to stop by Ignite: Lean Startup , a community-run event that features a number of new voices in the Lean Startup community. Welcome to our fair city.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. The number of hosts has grown annually, and this year, we have 200+ groups joining us on Monday, December 3.