article thumbnail

How a crappy promotion led to me being a software engineer

Austin Startup

This post expands on a recent podcast I did with Living Corporate outlining the story behind my career switch to software engineering. I’m currently coming up on my two-year anniversary as a software engineer on December 19, 2018. Before working as a software engineer, I was already in “tech”, just not at a startup.

article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

GrabCAD & Professional Communities. Today one of our portfolio companies, GrabCAD, announced it’s Series A funding led by Matrix. In addition to compelling founders, we were drawn to the company by their vision for a professional community for mechanical engineers and designers. How To Think About The Future.

Community 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. Extension Engine - Software engineering and design.

Boston 71
article thumbnail

New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors

David Teten

My colleague Sebastian Soler, software engineer at ff Venture Capital, is leading the launch of a new Meetup with me. I’ve just launched a new Meetup and online community I’m heading up with David. I asked him to write a guest post: Hi! We posted on our site a more in-depth overview of ff’s Tech Platform.

article thumbnail

How to launch a startup without knowing a line of code

The Next Web

For many startups, this was the secret to massive success : David Quail is a super talented software engineer, with one exit already under his belt. Build a support knowledge base and community forum with Zendesk , Uservoice , or GetSatisfaction. Can a real person perform these tasks manually?

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing: a 7+7 Primer (Pt. 1)

crowdSPRING Blog

Mid- to large-size companies can also benefit from the lean methodology and one way to do so is by actively leveraging crowds of workers: designers , software engineers , testers , writers , customer support people , customers, market researchers , and dozens of other groups via the Internet.

article thumbnail

Google Engineer: How We Interview, How I’d Beat Us for Talent, & How Non-Technical Founders Should Approach Devs

View from Seed

Portfolio companies can contact us to learn more.) Saurya Velagapudi is a senior software engineer at Google, based in their Cambridge, Mass., The people at Google can help you get better at being at Google, but the truth about the entrepreneurial community is that it helps you get better at being in the world.