article thumbnail

Ardent War Story 5: The Best Marketers Are Engineers

Steve Blank

Some of these advisors from the academic community would work with our of VP of Engineering and help us solve specific technical problems. Other advisors provided marketing with industry-specific advice in our initial vertical markets (computational fluid dynamics, computational chemistry, finite element analysis, and petroleum engineering).

Engineer 221
article thumbnail

Entrepreneur That Grew Up In A Household of Educators Creates Solution to Education Challenges

Hearpreneur

There’s many ways to learn but for most developers and coders it’s hard to learn any other way then by doing. Similar to entrepreneurship, the best way to learn to be a web developer is to actively work on projects. Community driven approach to learning: many people ask me about online education.

Miami 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

Enventys Partners was born when my company Command Partners, a digital marketing firm, vertically merged with Enventys, a product development firm. My wife and I co-founded our Web development and digital marketing agency atCommunications, LLC in 1999. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Naming 152
article thumbnail

How to Compete Against Open Source Competition

Software By Rob

I’ve been a web developer for 10 years and I cringe when I see that I need a module that’s not included…there goes two hours of my day searching, configuring and installing dependencies. also, your website runs on apache, another open source project [link]. Have you ever tried Gimp? 21 Thomas Lie on 08.11.09

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #133 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Essential Tools, Resources and Examples for Creating Better Web Design Wireframes and Mockups - [link]. Form and Function: Websites That Combine Beauty with Usability – [link]. 50 New Resources and Tools for Web Developers – [link]. CSS3 Best Practices for designers - [link].

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #38 – Design, Copywriting, Marketing, Small Business, Social Media And More

crowdSPRING Blog

An Amazing Round Up of Illustrations in Website Designs – [link]. Useful Glossaries For Web Designers and Developers – [link]. The State of Web Development 2010 – [link]. 20 Fabulous Photoshop Web Interface Tutorials – [link]. The Steps of Creative Communication – [link].

article thumbnail

10 Essential PR Tips for Startups

mashable.com

For example, here is how a few of my favorite startups describe themselves: “ Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique spaces around the world online or from an iPhone.” ” “ Skillshare is a community marketplace to learn anything from anyone.” Movie Lists.

PR 103