Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove Early Stage Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

In 2004 / 2005 I was starting to get intrigued with user-generated content. This time frame – 2005/2006 – web 2.0 A deep dive into the Foundry Group investment philosophy including an interesting discussion of their investing Themes. “… our lens is: Internet Software Companies anywhere in the U.S. was starting.

article thumbnail

Diverse Lead Firms

Austin Startup

645 Ventures 645 Ventures makes deeply-researched investments in institutional Seed to Series A rounds for exceptional companies who demonstrate stellar early results in the areas of market validation, product differentiation, team strength, and brand narrative. These sectors generally leverage the Internet or software in a fundamental way.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Predictions About the Future of Ecommerce

mashable.com

Were seeing 3D printing start to take off, and were in the very early stages of this revolution. After those experiences, they may review on a third-party site before going in-store to purchase. With more than 20 million unique monthly visitors, Mashable has one of the most engaged online news communities. startupcto'

eCommerce 108
article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

In another we decended into a debate about our 5 year forecasts (I built the models so fielded most of these questions), and it became clear they probably weren’t the best fit for our Series A round (this group is no longer in the early-stage VC business). And a third firm “pressure tested” (i.e. Congrats! .

article thumbnail

Visit to Case Foundation and Startup America

David Teten

The following are my rough notes (with permission, but without review by the speakers) from the event: ——————– Michael Smith, introducing the Case Foundation. Case Foundation didn’t have a website until 2005, although founded 1997. We invest in Code for America (“Peace Corps for Geeks”).

America 144
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

air events global is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book event work, anywhere in the world. We live in an era where everyone has the ability to positively impact communities, brands and individuals on a large scale. #5 – Fill a Gap in the Marketplace. Thanks to Judy Sahay, Crowd Media ! #9

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. With a unique vision for starting and successfully managing innovative companies, he is the Managing Partner of Social Leverage, a holding company that invests in early stage web businesses.