Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Europe Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

Never Mind the Valley: Here's Paris

ReadWriteStart

If you're capable of seeing past the old stones of Paris and the picturesque rural villages, you'll realize that France is every bit as technologically advanced as any other Western country - more so in some areas. It's now been about three years since I joined the fray as an entrepreneur and tech blogger. Want to start up in France?

France 163
article thumbnail

Cracking The Code: Happy New Year 2008!

Cracking the Code

Wize provides consumers with a unique way to leverage the online wisdom by aggregating the opinions of millions of users and by letting people ask questions about a specific product or need to the Wize community. Let me introduce other material that may be good for our community. Europe Consumer. (1). Anonymous said.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

At every one of them I was the person who wrote the proposals, did the technical interviewed on candidates, went on sales calls with the Account Managers to make them look good and got put on troubled projects to help right the ship. So I started a gig economy job site, with a focus on transparency of pay estimates and user reviews.

article thumbnail

The Power of Torso TV (Why Media is Racing to the Middle)

Both Sides of the Table

When you think about “time windows” of film distribution you literally need to think about the fact that you would open a film in the US and later ship the physical reels to London then Europe to open overseas. Netflix, Hulu & HBO Go are coming from the opposite direction – the Head End.

Media 302
article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

Tech Gadgets Mobile Enterprise GreenTech CrunchBase TechCrunch TV Disrupt SF More TechCrunch TV Beta Invites Crunchies Elevator Pitches Gillmor Gang Podcasts TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch Trends TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Whats Hot: Android Apple Facebook Google Microsoft Twitter Yahoo Zynga Subscribe: From Nothing To Something.

article thumbnail

Innovate Israel Conference Brings 28 Israeli startups to London

VC Cafe

There hasn’t been such a full list of Israeli startups coming to Europe since Barcelona’s World Mobile Congress. The UK is Israel’s second largest export market following the US, but Israeli startups often ‘forget Europe’ when it comes to Internationalizing their product. Applicaster - Company Website.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #7, Brian Chesky Part 1: running Airbnb in crisis mode, being multi-stakeholder, and re-founding the company

Startup Lessons Learned

I've known Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO and Head of Community at Airbnb for a long time. 10:44) The moment the company went below 1x growth for the first time since it was founded as the pandemic hit China and then Europe. (11:50) First the news out of China, then Europe, then here in the U.S. 37:30) Compassion in layoffs. (39:37)