article thumbnail

100+ Startups offering free products and services in response to Coronavirus

VC Cafe

Tech can play a role in helping on various fronts: Startups and tech companies working directly on tackling Coronavirus – from prevention to testing and patient care. At the time of writing this post there’s already been over 110 entries from Europe and Israel. In this post, I’ll be covering #2 only.

article thumbnail

Canada Is Going To Be The Next, Great, Entrepreneurial Tech Country

Feld Thoughts

I have a deeply held belief that US entrepreneurship has benefited extraordinarily over since World War II due to the desire of people from around the world to come to make their lives in the US. The Toronto/Waterloo startup community is on fire. Canada has a huge, near-term competitive opportunity over to the US. .

Canada 189
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Cybersecurity Best Practices for Nonprofit Healthcare Boards

Board Effect

You’ll discover why cybersecurity best practices for nonprofit healthcare boards are so critical and why they’re your secret weapon for continuing to be able to serve your community’s healthcare needs in our digital age. Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act in Canada, etc.) Monitor them regularly.

article thumbnail

Does Your VC have an Investment Thesis, or a Hypothesis?

David Teten

A typical VC thesis: “we invest in tech startups in Europe at an early stage” However, our experience shows that in many cases: . “Europe” means a handful of countries, for instance, France, UK, and Germany. “Tech” means B2B Saas/Fintech or Consumer apps. Technical” Companies (i.e.

article thumbnail

How can startups engage with Google?

VC Cafe

For many CEOs, competition with the tech giants an existential concern. A relationship with Google can take many forms, which I will detail in this post as a guide for founders exploring their relationship with big tech. Commercial – a data/tech/commercial partnership or client relationship.

article thumbnail

Taking stock of the Dutch tech cluster: What The Netherlands needs to win the European startup scene

The Next Web

Slowly but surely, however, we have a quietly emerging ‘ecosystem’ (as it is often called in tech lingo). So is the Dutch tech startup story sold short? But hedonistic pleasures aside, The Netherlands actually has a great foundation for tech entrepreneurship. Not in my view. A top-notch infrastructure.

article thumbnail

Impressions from Pocket Gamer Connects in London

VC Cafe

First and foremost, PGC it’s a meeting palooza – I received over 40 requests for meetings, mainly from game studios all over Europe. Live operations refer to the ongoing management and maintenance of a game after its initial launch, and can include things like events, updates, and community management.