Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Operations Remove Partner
article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

Blue Future Partners, a venture capital fund of funds, recently interviewed me on ESG in venture capital. One of the impact initiatives I’m proudest of is founding Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of New York , a nonprofit and now the East Coast’s largest angel group. I quickly recruited a board of experienced hands.

article thumbnail

How To Get a Job In Venture Capital

VC Adventure

Venture principals (VPs, junior partners or other similar titles) were former venture associates who had worked their way up the chain. And partners were former junior partners who had been promoted up as well. Get involved in your community. Not getting a job in venture may be the best thing that happens to your career.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. GCVF specializes in providing critical support to founders based in small communities, while connecting them to an unfair network well-beyond their small-town headquarters. .

Equity 78
article thumbnail

How Venture Capitalists and Government Can Promote Entrepreneurship

David Teten

Like virtually the entire tech industry, I am particularly in favor of Startup Visa , which has the goal of stimulating our domestic startup community through acts to keep our foreign-born entrepreneurs in the United States. We typically do this by partnering with graduate student teams.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

But in business, you want a lot of partners. I walk through below how progressive investors are using technology and analytics throughout all of their operations. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Most of us want one spouse and we’re done. 1) Manage the firm .

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

If you are going to do the tour up and down Sandhill Road to try and raise your 1st round of financing you need a pitch deck because the vast majority of those meetings you are going to be sitting around a table and you will be presenting to one or more partners and that is going to be your first engagement.”. Is that when it became big?

article thumbnail

Angel Bootcamp, The Blog Post: A Primer on Angel Investing

View from Seed

A little under a year ago, we hosted an event called Angel Bootcamp that was a primer for folks thinking about getting into angel investing. It was really helpful for the community, and it is something we’ll probably do again, although not every year. A Primer on Angel Investing. Why Invest? Investment Strategy.