Remove Austin Remove Community Remove Curation Remove Global
article thumbnail

The Austinpreneur’s Guide to SXSW 2018 Panels & Parties

Austin Startup

The biggest week of the year for tech and startups in Austin, Texas as South by Southwest (SXSW) descends upon the city from March 19–15. It’s stocked with free food, drinks and wifi but the real reason you want to be there is because we’ve curated all of the top entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators at SXSW and invited them to stop by.

article thumbnail

Capital Factory + 1776 = Connecting Austin to the Global Entrepreneurship Community through Union

Austin Startup

Capital Factory is the first member of the 1776 Startup Federation to sign up for Union — a global mentoring platform and curated… Continue reading on Austin Startups ».

Global 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Curated Collision of Awesome Women

Austin Startup

2017 was a big year of travel for me across Tokyo, Austin Texas, Hong Kong and London. We were skilfully and admirably led by Peta Ellis who was awarded the 2017 National Techboard Community Prize whilst we were in London. Still recovering from the 2017 #SCFemFounders Mission! Know your overseas competition!

article thumbnail

What Corporations Can Learn from Coworking Spaces

YoungUpstarts

By Liz Elam, founder/curator of Link Coworking. I like to call myself a Curator and I’ll tell you why – it’s because I’m a keeper of a collection. As the Curator, I take the time to introduce members to each other and assist them in finding common ground. So, I Curate my space. Foster collaboration.

Curation 227
article thumbnail

Adding Digital Accessibility and Purposeful Inclusion into Austin’s Smart Cities Strategic Roadmap

Austin Startup

How Austin’s Smart City Infrastructure could resolve social and economic inequities amplified by Austin’s technological and industrial growth Like many other fast-growing urban centers, my hometown of Austin, TX has reached a historic tipping point triggered by Austin’s rapid urbanization.

Austin 54
article thumbnail

The Austinpreneur’s Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

The biggest weekend in Austin is coming up! SXSW Startup Crawl Time: Friday, March 8, 4:00pm-8:00pm Location: Capital Factory, 701 Brazos Street Register: SXSW Badge OR register at atxstartupcrawl.com SXSW Startup Crawl | The Biggest Tech Startup Event in Austin Kick things off at the biggest party of SXSW?—?The The SXSW Startup Crawl!

Austin 49
article thumbnail

Q&A Wednesday :: GuruStorms

Austin Startup

GuruStorms is a new brainstorming site that offers a unique crowdsourcing solution: a curated crowd of gurus that represent the world’s best and brightest online experts. What we are doing is extending the social web into that same arena, creating a new global marketplace for online ideas and knowledge. Who had the idea?