Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Israel Remove Leadership
article thumbnail

Free money for your impact tech startup

David Teten

Now the bad news: some venture capitallists have a bias against startups with an explicit positive social impact, on the grounds that they have a smaller addressable market, and that the founders are not sufficiently focused on creating shareholder wealth. If you think I’ve missed any, please contact me. Requires Columbia affiliation.

article thumbnail

Founder and CEO Revolutionize the Breastfeeding World Through her Company

Hearpreneur

Noreen Sablotsky is the founder and CEO of Imalac , a revolutionary company in the breastfeeding world. eld of marketing and sales for Ciba- Geigy Pharmaceuticals before co-founding Noven Pharmaceuticals in 1986. In the community, I have played many leadership roles. Tell us your story. Why did you start your business?

Founder 91
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Venture Capitalists and Government Can Promote Entrepreneurship

David Teten

Like virtually the entire tech industry, I am particularly in favor of Startup Visa , which has the goal of stimulating our domestic startup community through acts to keep our foreign-born entrepreneurs in the United States. Organizations like Worldwide Investor Network and the US-Israel Business Council are helpful in this area.

article thumbnail

“To build a community, you need to focus much more on the user than on the buyer” - Snyk’s Guy Podjarny

Cracking the Code

What was your approach to picking co-founders, and what advice would you give entrepreneurs on this? I think having a co-founder is very important. I’ve seen people succeed as solo founders – but I think not having a co-founder makes an already hard journey that much harder. The rest is history.

article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Essentials #4: Seven lessons learned on the journey from founder to CEO

Austin Startup

My talk was about the 7 lessons I’ve learned on the journey from founder to CEO. I started off my talk emphasizing that the journey matters most in your transformation from founder to CEO. The CEO also has the ability to shape how the company serves its communities. The event was held at the Jewish Contemporary Museum.

Founder 51
article thumbnail

Raise Capital With The Skin You’re In: Blunt Truth from Don Charlton, CEO, The Resumator

David Teten

I’m speaking on a panel this afternoon on fundraising for minority founders at the Rainbow PUSH Wall Street Project. Fundraising is always difficult for all founders; the median PE/VC fund sources and reviews 87 companies before investing in 1. This young, talented girl is given no chance of being the founder of the next Facebook.”. “I

article thumbnail

Nicolas Brusson discusses BlaBlaCar’s journey from French success story to global winner

Cracking the Code

Throughout the pandemic, the company’s community-based model showed strong resilience while the importance of its culture and values shone through. Today, more than 90 million BlaBlaCar community members travel by carpool of long-distance buses across 22 markets. How did you go from VC to founder?

Global 62