Remove Colorado Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence community or other government agencies. Project Agrippa – Logistics and Sustainment in IndoPacific.

Lean 394
article thumbnail

Startup Communities – Building Regional Clusters

Steve Blank

How to build regional entrepreneurial communities has just gotten it’s first “here’s how to do it” book. Feld’s thesis is that unlike the common wisdom, it is entrepreneurs that lead a startup community while everyone else feeds the community. These events are a good proxy for the health and depth of a startup community.

Community 334
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. cities (outside of Silicon Valley and the East Coast), to build your startup.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. All of these things aside, one of its biggest attractions may be what is not: Silicon Valley.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. All of these things aside, one of its biggest attractions may be what is not: Silicon Valley.

article thumbnail

Startup Phenomenon, November 13th-15th in Boulder

Feld Thoughts

It gets to the heart of how startup communities are developed and I’d love to have you join me at it. That Boulder was number one was interesting, but what’s more exciting is that there are so many emergent startup communities around the United States that it’s now worth ranking them. Collins, Denver, and Colorado Springs.)

Colorado 136
article thumbnail

The Austinpreneur’s Guide to SXSW 2018 Panels & Parties

Austin Startup

Come network with your friends and share your secret parties, plan your conference sessions, and discuss whose undiscovered indy band is cooler. Attracting VC Funding Outside Silicon Valley Panel We do a lot of things differently in Texas, including fundraising. If you live in Texas, find out how you can tap into the network.