article thumbnail

The Secret History of Minnesota Part 1: Engineering Research Associates

Steve Blank

Minneapolis/St. Just as Silicon Valley’s roots can be traced to innovation in World War II so can Minneapolis/St. Why Minneapolis/St. Serendipity came to Minneapolis-St. Parker was a ex Naval Academy graduate and a Minneapolis businessman who owned a glider manufacturing company and was well connected in Washington.

Minnesota 281
article thumbnail

The Proven Framework For Building A Thriving Community

Duct Tape Marketing

The Proven Framework For Building A Thriving Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. Liz is a c ommunity design strategist, a community enablement architect, and the Creator of Return on Emotion. 15:20] What elements ignite a community when you’re trying to get started? [16:06] Like this show?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

Minneapolis, Minnesota: Cars line up at a drive-thru food pantry. We’re hopeful that by sharing our story, others in the tech and philanthropic world can get some ideas for ways they can use lean principles to help their communities through this trying time. After just four weeks, we were serving nearly 20k meals a week.

Lean 128
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #105 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Intelligently automate online conversations – [link]. crowdSPRING’s 12 Questions interview – Meet Kate Casey (Minneapolis, MN, USA) - [link]. Study: Auto-Posting to Facebook Decreases Likes and Comments by 70% - [link]. 25 Majestic Print Ads - [link]. Bots for social media? Welcome IBM, Seriously.

article thumbnail

Shadow Boxing

VC Adventure

It was actually with much of this in mind that I asked Brad to join me on a trip to Minneapolis. I’ve long had a love for the Twin Cities (I went to college there and have been on the LeadPages board now for several years in Minneapolis). The highlight was a Beta.MN event that featured me interviewing Brad.

article thumbnail

Embracing Your Entrepreneurial Superpower Being Unemployable

Duct Tape Marketing

And one of my founders who has an ed tech startup focusing on AI in Minneapolis, he said, let me sit down and let me take the book and let me put it in open AI's design platform and let's see what happens. Where people do have more time to, like, I'm really enjoying this conversation. And the, this is what the AI came up with.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. Past livestream attendees have reported great conversations and networking. They represent more than 10,000 people total.