article thumbnail

Now Is The Time To Prepare Your Business For A Natural Disaster

YoungUpstarts

Simultaneously, people in Oregon, Montana and Idaho are dealing with forest fires brought on by the driest conditions these states have seen in decades. Once you do get through to them, you should have a long and honest conversation with them about what exactly your business does and does not do on a daily basis.

article thumbnail

On The Road Again

Feld Thoughts

I haven’t been here in a while but it’s pretty awesome to see how the startup community has grown in the past five years. I had dinner with my brother Daniel and my cousin Kenny (who lives here) last night at the original Ted’s Montana’s Grill that’s on the corner of Luckie Street and Ted Turner Drive.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Real Story Of America Is About Small

VC Adventure

In research for our upcoming book, we found that small business owners often inhabit the shrinking middle ground of politics in their communities. Now, with his wife, Claire, he owns a guide company in the Bob Marshall Wilderness of Montana. So is the health of the business community. Trillion Of GDP. COVID is a concern.

America 92
article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

The conversations usually go down the same path, ending with a you’re how old? At the same time it seemed that whenever I would have a conversation with a friend, family member, colleague, manager, executive–you name it!–about Tampa Bay community and make a difference in people’s lives.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. The language you used does not comply with community standards. Journal Community. District of Columbia.

article thumbnail

“We are one of just 13 industrialized countries with a rising maternal mortality rate” – Christy Turlington Burns on Fighting for Healthy Mothers

Hunter Walker

How has this reality impacted the type of community building you do—does it make you more careful? There will always be those who want to hijack the conversation and put the value of individual lives at odds with one another when in fact, you cannot have one without the other. More fearless?

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. Past livestream attendees have reported great conversations and networking. They represent more than 10,000 people total.