article thumbnail

Freestyle’s Leadership on Mental Health

Feld Thoughts

“ Thankfully, this is changing, in part to leadership by firms like Freestyle. Hoffman Institute is a one-week intensive on-site program, leveraging therapy, meditation, experiential exercises and peer-to-peer community, designed to break the most formative negative patterns from our childhood. Those were the times.

article thumbnail

Afraid To Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone? Then You Can’t Lead In The Age Of COVID.

YoungUpstarts

by Dr. Jim White , founder and president of JL White International and bestselling author of “ Opportunity Investing: How To Revitalize Urban And Rural Communities With Opportunity Funds “ COVID-19 has disrupted the business world, and the “normal” of a few months ago may never return. and Growers Ice Company, Inc.,

Harvest 251
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why The SBIC Doesn’t Work For Venture Capital Anymore

Feld Thoughts

On paper, only one is in positive return territory as a fund, but the SBIC leverage is a substantial negative factor for the LP investors in that particular fund. As a partner in one of the most visible VC firms in Colorado and an LP in many of the Colorado VC firms, I’ve never heard from Matthew or anyone from the SBIC.

SBIC 142
article thumbnail

Perot Jain steps up to support Dallas entrepreneurs

Austin Startup

Cindy Revol, Joe Beard and Anurag Jain from Perot Jain, LP We received a warm welcome from Trey Bowles when we first came to Dallas and there have been many others who have opened their arms to us since. We are glad that Capital Factory is in Dallas and thrilled to see that they are also community builders who grow through collaboration.”

Dallas 48
article thumbnail

Playing the Long Game in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

All four companies were in Los Angeles (or adjacent … Santa Barbara) and our community has now matured and regularly produces billion dollar+ outcomes. But in the LP world there is an obsession with “top quartile” benchmarking in the near term, which drives skewed incentives for newer VCs to show quick returns.

article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Can Entrepreneurship Be Taught?

Professor VC

I attended the annual LP meeting for a venture capital firm this week and got into a discussion about the above question. I generally get asked about skills required (leadership, tolerance for ambiguity, risk taking, persistence, opportunity recognition, etc.), ProfessorVC. The last blogger in Silicon Valley.

article thumbnail

Changes in Software & Venture Capital – Part 2 of 3

Both Sides of the Table

The LP Community Hasn’t Yet Caught Up. As I’ve started to get to know the other side of the VC industry lately (the people who invest in VC funds or “LPs&# ) one thing has occurred to me. My best guess is that new LP funds will be set up in the future to service Micro VCs. I think some will do this.