article thumbnail

Women 2.0 Partners Google, Extends Founder Friday Events

YoungUpstarts

has announced that it is partnering search giant Google to support the startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem in the United States and around the world. Media and event company Women 2.0 To date, Women 2.0 has held over 200 Founder Friday events in 30 global cities. “Google is excited to team up with Women 2.0 ”

article thumbnail

Public Hospital Modern Woes – Aging Infrastructure, Unions, Pensions, High Regulation. 

The Startup Magazine

It was this same high-minded collective action that created a network of publicly owned hospitals – controlled by cities, counties, districts, boroughs (in Alaska), parishes (in Louisiana), etc. Second, the Board can usually avoid a public vote or referendum by leasing to a new partner, something politicians fear. Capital Solutions.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A New Idea for Black Friday

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

The harder news, like the protests at Walmart in Ontario, Louisiana, got a lot less air time. What I’m learning is that if it’s only you, or your partner also works at Walmart, well, you can’t live on a pay check(s) from a Walmart job. Lots of host and hostess happy talk, mercy, it’s to the point of gagging.

Louisiana 101
article thumbnail

Harvey Aftermath: How Your Small Business Can Help

Austin Startup

You and your community can convene to support in whichever area works best. Organize community support through creative fundraisers. League City Family Dentistry partnered with The Crazy Cajun Cookers in Louisiana and cooked over 1,000 free lunches for community members in need, while also accepting donations.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I started out with an Instagram account under the same name dedicated to sharing the most aspirational content in my niche and have over the years grown a small neon-loving community on the platform. People want to associate and partner themselves with a business on whom they can count on. 16- Changed from the original name.

Naming 162
article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2020

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Steve Keighery, Home Buyer Louisiana ! #3- One of my biggest accomplishments in 2020 has not just been launching a clean premium haircare brand, MASAMI, but also partnering and supporting other female-founded brands. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 3- Pivoting. Photo Credit: Taylor Drake.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

The company raised $45 million in venture capital from firms including DCM, Emergence Capital Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners, and built partnerships with AOL Inc., and Verizon Communications Inc. David Cowan of Bessemer Venture Partners has stuck with Mr. Dreymann. Journal Community. Journal Community.