article thumbnail

New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors

David Teten

My colleague Sebastian Soler, software engineer at ff Venture Capital, is leading the launch of a new Meetup with me. I’ve just launched a new Meetup and online community I’m heading up with David. I asked him to write a guest post: Hi!

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. We particularly help companies in winning revenue from our LP network and raising capital for subsequent rounds from top-tier late-stage investors. Manhattan, New York City, in 1911.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Upfront and the Power of Startup Community in LA

Feld Thoughts

I’m finally home after three solid weeks on the road which included Austin, Dallas, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. This comes on the heals of Upfront managing director Mark Suster’s great post titled Embracing Your Community as a Strategy which I encourage you to read as it is magnificent.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Lower level of community familiarity. Zack Mueller, Attorney, Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe, PC , points that almost “no one, from LPs to entrepreneurs to attorneys, has much experience with these instruments. Of the Inc.

article thumbnail

What I did on my summer vacation: The First LP Close ($3.5mm) of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

This is going to be BIG.

The great thing, if you can find them, is that the excitement around early stage investments in New York City is carrying over to a lot of investor interest--and the story of being actively involved as a hands-on investor is one that the market appreciates. Another GA community member introduced me to the team at KEC holdings.

LP 112
article thumbnail

If NYC is going to be a real innovation hub, we can't have our own senators supporting SOPA/PIPA

This is going to be BIG.

” That was until I found out that New York’s own senators, Kirsten Gillibrand and Chuck Schumer, appear to support these bills. It’s an embarrassment, frankly, to our tech community. Let’s take a step back from a moment. I understand why policymakers would think these bills are a good idea.

IP 131
article thumbnail

How VCs Structure a Syndicate and Recruit Coinvestors

David Teten

GPs strategically invite trusted [Limited Partners and others] to co-invest, often based on the LP’s ability to add value or when the amount of capital required to complete an attractive transaction is larger than they are able to invest alone.”.