article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

32 students were scattered across the globe and given a seemingly impossible assignment- they had 10 weeks to understand and then solve a real Dept of Defense problem – by interviewing 100 beneficiaries, stakeholders, requirements writers, et al while simultaneously building a series of minimal viable products – all while never leaving their room.

Oakland 306
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

– while simultaneously building a series of minimal viable products. Unlike traditional demo days or Shark Tanks which are, “Here’s how smart I am, and isn’t this a great product, please give me money,” a Lessons Learned presentation tells the story of a team’s 10-week journey and hard-won learning and discovery.

Lean 394
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2019

Steve Blank

All the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, but all of their journeys were unique. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. All the presentations are worth a watch. Team: Panacea.

Oakland 271
article thumbnail

Diverse Lead Firms

Austin Startup

645 Ventures 645 Ventures makes deeply-researched investments in institutional Seed to Series A rounds for exceptional companies who demonstrate stellar early results in the areas of market validation, product differentiation, team strength, and brand narrative. We have a passion for product and out-of-the-box thinking.

article thumbnail

Diverse Startups Can Receive Tech Mentorship And Thrive

ReadWriteStart

Her company, Citizen Made , which makes tools to help companies sell custom products, won a L’Oréal Women in Digital grant , giving it the funding it needed to open a new office in New York City. What Kathryn is bringing to the table is a community atmosphere for people who usually don’t quite fit the mold,” said Brooks. “It

article thumbnail

The Evolution of Entrepreneurial Education and Corporate Innovation

Steve Blank

The other change is that universities, instead of being passive, have become active in building an entrepreneurial community. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.” At their core they make products out of expanded PTFE like Gore-Tex.

Incubator 331
article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. be the manager and product developer). Developer – Most likely your product requires some engineering. Team Roles: There are six main roles that most new organizations need to consider in some capacity.