article thumbnail

Experts share tips for mission-driven organizations on DE&I

Board Effect

Mission-driven organizations strive to serve their communities and constituents with integrity and purpose. Consider this: When boards embrace diversity, the pulse of our communities strengthens, and our impact magnifies. Far beyond corporate strategy; it’s about fulfilling missions effectively.

Ireland 83
article thumbnail

Getting Your Volunteer Board Ready for Oversight, Insight and Foresight

Board Effect

The expert panelists included Dottie Schindlinger, Executive Director at Diligent Institute and founding team member of BoardEffect; James “Jim” Pieffer, President and CEO at Presbyterian SeniorCare Network ; and Laurence “Larry” Gumina, CEO at Ohio Living. And the board took a step back.

Ohio 52
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Governance in Healthcare: Best Practices after COVID-19

Board Effect

Just as healthcare organizations struggled with how to adapt to mergers and meet the evolving needs of their communities, COVID-19 struck with a vengeance forcing changes in governance in healthcare. The current times are especially challenging for community-based boards that lack experience in operating during a global crisis.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I originally provided pro-bono public relations services to artists and non-profits due to my love for the community and the arts. I wanted to make the community and the world aware of the talent, businesses and resources that thrive within my city. This was followed by moderate success in starting my own cloud-based HR software.

article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: Knowbella

Austin Startup

Our team is experienced with over 150 years of research and software product development experience that includes five startups and an exit. The use of funds will be to launch the STO, enhance the Knowbella Platform and its IP, and market the opportunity to scientists, students and citizen scientists to begin developing community and content.

article thumbnail

Introducing The Commitment Engine

Duct Tape Marketing

I also use words like love and grace in the context of business and talk a great deal about building a culture and community based on these concepts and for some that’s just not that comfortable. I map out a system for building a business that people want to commit to.

article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

The working name during prototyping for our hiring software was Higher Stack. There is a lot of state pride in Ohio, and we want to be a program customized for Ohio markets that can be expanded across the Midwest and ultimately the US. Therefore, we started with the state bird of Ohio, the state flower, etc.

Naming 48