article thumbnail

Where to Find High-Quality Drone Parts and Accessories

The Startup Magazine

Similarly, rugged frames and sturdy landing gear reduce risk of breaking during routine operation or minor crashes. For example, NW Blue Portland built its reputation by only selling carefully vetted components hand-picked for reliability, unlike mass-market generalists pushing volume over quality.

article thumbnail

How To Stay Safe If Your Company Gets Sued

YoungUpstarts

Johnston of Johnston Law Firm, P.C. – a dedicated Portland lawyer who remains committed to serving his community – shares a few tips in order to stay safe if your company gets sued: Hire a competent attorney. An attorney would help you before any action and will also help to react when being sued.

Portland 168
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2019

Hearpreneur

This focus has helped me recruit the best and the brightest in the field, build a world-class operation, and most of all, with all the knowledge in a specific vertical, help build a leading agency for food & beverage manufacturers that are looking to build a direct to consumer channel. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

How to Out Amazon, Amazon

Both Sides of the Table

Think about the tension between media companies and cable operators like last year when Viacom threatened to pull Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, etc. When we look at investing in companies we often look at their communities and the social engagement as an indicator of whether there is organic demand for the product (vs.

Curation 296
article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

It’s home to a small but growing tech community that has been developing over the past decade, and that’s what piqued my interest. However, what I found in Bend was a deeply entrepreneurial community that is leaps and bounds beyond just a destination resort town. What’s Different. Silicon Valley Transplants. Entrepreneurs in Bend.

article thumbnail

Slow And Steady Wins The Race

YoungUpstarts

You’ve probably been dreaming of buying a vast swath of trendy office space – something big enough to accommodate foosball and air hockey tables – and re-fitting your operation with up to the minute tech. Showing Appreciation. Next, you will want to thank every person who has helped you get your company up and running.

Portland 113
article thumbnail

Cats With Your Coffee? What Entrepreneurs Can Learn From Purringtons Cat Cafe

Up and Running

In the last year alone, several have opened across the United States, with cafes in New York City, Oakland, California, and soon, Portland Oregon. I spoke with wife and husband team Kristen and Sergio Castillo, whose cat cafe, Purringtons, is set to open in Portland at the end of January. Do something that fits your community.