article thumbnail

Nonprofit Organizations: How They Work and What They Do

Board Effect

Nonprofit organizations exist in most communities and governments, businesses, and citizens support them in various ways for the overall benefit of the communities they serve. Because nonprofit organizations provide valuable services to communities, state and federal governments do not require nonprofit organizations to pay taxes.

article thumbnail

The Story Of A Young Entrepreneur Building A Better World With A Nonprofit

Duct Tape Marketing

Camden is the Founder and CEO of the Nonprofit Organization Beyond the Crisis Beyond the Crisis, the food-distribution charity, which has distributed over 100,000 dollars of food items to housing communities and homeless shelters across Massachusetts. I'm an entrepreneurial minded kid, but I really wanted to do something to help my community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Capacity Capital , based in Chattanooga, Tennessee, was launched in 2020 with a primary focus on the Southeast. GCVF is pioneering the future of venture capital and high growth startups for all small communities. Revenue-Based Flexible VCs.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

New Microfund Launched

The Entrepreneurial Mind

Solidus Company announced today the formation of a microfund to support local entrepreneurs and to help accelerate the growth of start-ups in the Middle Tennessee area. Together, this founding group set out to craft a new way to provide support, both financial and operational, to innovative and promising entrepreneurs."

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I was actually operating without a name for the first 3 months until one day a client told me that I gave him the kick in the ass he needed. But I also wanted the name to give a sense of community so that it could feel like a hub to which parents could go for advice, and that is where the pod comes in. It’s fun, catchy, and memorable.

Naming 117
article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. Marketing/Communications/PR. Operations. ); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO. RSS Feeds. --> --> Bookmark FOLIOMag.com. SEARCH FOLIO: Search. Careers Home. Search Jobs. Add Your Resume. Featured Jobs. Newest Jobs.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I’m grateful to be here 30 years later, providing care for thousands in the Middle Tennessee area. Also, it was rather an operational than a technological business. We started as a data provider and have grown into a comprehensive retail pricing platform with 100 clients operating globally. Photo Credit: Paula Haubrich.