article thumbnail

Test Your Aptitude for Business Internet Jargon

Startup Professionals Musings

Today there are huge communities online, like Facebook and Twitter, which grew in popularity for socializing with friends. Search engine marketing (SEM). No SEM plan means you are missing a huge marketing opportunity. Pay per click (PPC). Facebook alone has 800 million active members. Viral marketing.

Internet 239
article thumbnail

Internet Business Lingo Quiz for Entrepreneurs

Startup Professionals Musings

These are communities wrapped around a website, like Facebook or Twitter. Search engine marketing (SEM). No SEM plan means you are missing a huge marketing opportunity. Pay per click (PPC). Blogs composed of video clips are called “vlogs.” Social networks. Facebook alone has 500 million members. Streaming video.

Internet 224
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Best Practices and Tips for Restaurant Web Design

crowdSPRING Blog

Whether you leverage crowdSPRING’s community to build or update your restaurant’s website , work with a freelance designer or design firm, or create a design yourself, you might find the following 10 tips useful: 1. Don’t forget search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM). Personality!

Web 127
article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

If you need help, you can leverage crowdSPRING’s community of more than 67,000 designers and writers for your custom web design. Don’t forget search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM). But SEO and/or SEM campaigns can provide great leverage to small businesses and as a result, should not be ignored.

article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

If you need help, you can leverage crowdSPRING’s community of more than 67,000 designers and writers for your custom web design. Don’t forget search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM). But SEO and/or SEM campaigns can provide great leverage to small businesses and as a result, should not be ignored.

article thumbnail

How to Do a Competitive Analysis: A Step-by-Step Guide

ConversionXL

Jaime Levy , a UX strategist and author, suggests looking at content types, personalization features, and community features on competitors’ websites. Then, I perform my own search, going through at least two pages of PPC ads and organic results. What I’m looking for are common trends within that vertical.

SEO 126
article thumbnail

A Step-by-Step Guide to Conducting Competitive Analysis

ConversionXL

Jaime Levy , UX Strategist and Author, suggests also looking at content types, personalization features, and community features on competitors’ websites. Then I perform my own search, going through at least 2 pages of PPC ads and organic results. What I am looking for is common trends within that vertical.

SEO 131