Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Cost Remove Green
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Sheryl Green.

article thumbnail

What the musically-charged Dreamforce 2013 taught us about running a company

The Next Web

This year, Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff featured current and former Top 40 performers including Huey Lewis and the News (I’m assuming “The News” was there too, but you might fact check me on that), Green Day, Blondie and many others. You’re singing along to Green Day in the rain. No doubt Vanilla Ice is on the agenda for 2014.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

7 Entrepreneurs Share How They?re Incorporating Corporate Service Responsibility (CSR) In Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

To start a CSR project, you can identify needs in your community and develop a project around that need. Because of that, our purpose – to empower people to live more beautiful lives – sits at the center of everything we do as company and compels us to keep community at our core. 2-Using an app. Photo Credit: James Citron.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

2- Worked closely with our most active community members. We worked extremely closely with our most active community members to name Commaful. A name that our community helped choose and really reflects the people who use the site today! When I was focusing more on just the green part, I used Green And Profitable.

Naming 97
article thumbnail

The Future of Transportation

Feld Thoughts

Two factors: cost and range (and charging infrastructure, to a lesser extent, but that will be remedied when there is more demand). The Nissan Leaf battery pack alone costs about $18,000 (though government incentives bring down the overall vehicle cost to the customer). The real barrier to adoption is cost.

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). And so it goes with social networking. And then came AOL.

article thumbnail

Reinventing the Office: How to Lose Fat and Increase Productivity at Work

David Teten

According to a 2003-2004 U.S. An additional incentive to remaking the workplace into a healthy, exercise-supportive environment is the cost benefit. Many of the design changes we have implemented cost little or nothing. Almost all of our ideas cost the same or less than setting up a conventional office.

Product 166