Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Metrics
article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage.

article thumbnail

Create Structure out of the Gate and You’ll Thank Yourself Later

Feld Thoughts

His most recent company, Filtrbox, participated in the inaugural Techstars class (Techstars Boulder 2007) and was a win for all parties involved; Filtrbox was acquired in 2010 by Jive Software (NASDAQ: JIVE). The investors, founders, and “community” are all super excited about ASC. Three months in, the burn is now at $70k/month.

Burn Rate 152
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A real Customer Advisory Board

Startup Lessons Learned

And, as you can see in my previous post on “ The cardinal sin of community management &# the feedback could be all over the map. But we had some super-active customers who would act as editors, collecting feedback from all over the community and synthesizing it into a report of the top issues. It was absolutely worth it.

article thumbnail

New conference website, speakers, agenda

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, March 29, 2010 New conference website, speakers, agenda The Startup Lessons Learned Conference on April 23 is fast approaching. Sure, everyone knows that getting customer feedback is important. And do I still need to get out of the building if Ive got great metrics and surveys?"

article thumbnail

Datablindness

Startup Lessons Learned

That’s because many of our reports feed us vanity metrics: numbers that make us look good but don’t really help make decisions. Yet even among those who have access to good actionable metrics, I’ve noticed a phenomenon that prevents taking maximum advantage of data. Too much of this data is non- actionable.

article thumbnail

The Lean Startup Workshop - now an O'Reilly Master Class

Startup Lessons Learned

The response so far has been nothing short of overwhelming, and I want to especially thank those of you who participated in the survey and customer validation exercise that helped shape this event. I have contacts within the university and entrepreneurial communities and would be happy to help you set up something if interested.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

Marching through quicksand

Startup Lessons Learned

Unfortunately, this content-less decision-making process is inhibiting the ability of media companies to develop interesting new content at the very time when this supposed expertise should serve as their one true competitive advantage. When I reviewed a recent product development book, it immediately shot up to Amazon sales rank 300.