Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Metrics Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. He’s spent the last four years in Silicon Valley out of uniform continuing that work.

Community 218
article thumbnail

Beyond the garage

Startup Lessons Learned

It may be hard to remember that there was a time when people in the agile software development community thought Lean Startup was incompatible with agile practices. And, most importantly, the Lean Startup idea is starting to take root in industries and contexts very different from it’s Silicon Valley roots.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. This probably sounds illogical. After all, people rarely say they are mad because they are not being heard.

Community 158
article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Its easy to take Silicon Valley for granted. Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. But theres no denying the level of support for entrepreneurs that we enjoy.

article thumbnail

The Entrepreneurial Enterprise

Startup Lessons Learned

As Eric puts it in the webcast, “I’ve met now the CEOs of some of the biggest companies in the world, and I still spend time with the CEOs of high-growth Silicon Valley companies from the garage on up, and what all those people have in common is that they are seeking out sources of sustainable growth….

Lean 167
article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Silicon Valley is still emerging from the tech bubble and massive downturn of late 2000-2002. Online social networking is a concept still being evangelized even in Silicon Valley… Friendster is in private beta (wasn’t until Oct 2003 they received Google acquisition offer which they turned down for Kleiner/Benchmark round).

article thumbnail

Nine Webcasts to Learn From

Startup Lessons Learned

Kent, a veteran programmer, a founder of the Agile method and the creator of Extreme Programming, came armed with anecdotes and lessons from his own experience, as well as a few questions for Eric. And so I can see many more cycles through the loop of how software evolves, how innovation disperses in a community, and so on."

Lean 165