Remove Atlanta Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Media
article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

The African-American community with a global movement known as the Afro-Tech quietly mastered blockchain/distributed ledger technology several years ago to benefit urban communities. You need a community and ecosystem that adopts and use your tech. Stuff CNBC and other media outlets don’t want to acknowledge.

article thumbnail

The Best Free Email Marketing Tool for Startups and Small Businesses

Up and Running

A durable, trendsetting presence in the industry since 2001, the Atlanta-based firm sends over a billion emails per day and is the go-to choice for over 14 million organizations and individuals around the world. I use Mailchimp for the distribution of weekly newsletters, and for list growth via opt-ins for multiple types of campaigns.

Email 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Introducing my next chapter: Dragon Army

Jeff Hilimire

Today the Atlanta Business Chronicle ran an article about the new company, Dragon Army , that David Cummings , Ryan Tuttle and I are starting. Dragon Army will be based out of Atlanta Tech Village (freaking pumped about that) and we’ll be focusing on mobile games and apps for consumers. and The Coca-Cola Co.,

Atlanta 77
article thumbnail

5 Questions for a CEO: Rob Kischuk, PerfectPost

Jeff Hilimire

The first was with Raymond King , CEO of Zoo Atlanta; the second was with Devon Wijesinghe , CEO of Insightpool; the third with Mark Feinberg , CEO of Uruut; and the fourth with Simms Jenkins , BrightWave Marketing. . Midtown/Tech Square and Atlanta Tech Village are obviously both here to stay. I love that we build real companies.

Atlanta 67
article thumbnail

Flashpoint NYC Demo Day 2016, May 3

David Teten

Community On Call. Community On Call provides peer networking solutions that enable health-related communities to quickly connect their members, such as people affected by chronic illnesses or disorders, with mentors and peer supporters. Gramarye Media. Employee Resource Groups (ERGS) are key drivers.

Georgia 60
article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

After thinking about how much I enjoyed helping her business grow and learning all I could about business structure, marketing, SEO and social media to name a few, I decided to take these new skills and help other small business owners. The life of entrepreneurship is definitely overly glamorized on social media.

article thumbnail

Design Museum Boston

Up and Running

While I had just finished an approximately year long quest to see as many design museums as possible — in New York, Miami, Atlanta, London, and Essen, Germany — Derek had just visited New York City and experienced some pop-up retail stores. Looking back now I can’t imagine a better approach. Design is everywhere, so are we.

Boston 86