Remove Atlanta Remove Community Remove Revenue Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This essay is part of a series on alternative VC: I: Revenue-Based Investing: a new option for founders who care about control. Revenue-Based Flexible VCs.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

Disturbing

Austin Startup

I must take a moment to acknowledge the many kind greetings upon my return to Atlanta and the many well wishes as I departed Austin. Hurricane Irma had a major negative revenue impact on one whose fall book of business was mostly in Florida. All of them are performing at a very high level, and I take inspiration from them.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Helping Entrepreneurs Get To Where They Want To Go Faster

Duct Tape Marketing

16:24] What type of networking have you found the community responds to? [18:16] We've been this blend of community and a technology platform and we'd often get bucketed very much into one or the other. Carolyn Rodz (06:16): You know, I would say at our core, we're community, A community above all else. We never have.

article thumbnail

Introducing my next chapter: Dragon Army

Jeff Hilimire

Today the Atlanta Business Chronicle ran an article about the new company, Dragon Army , that David Cummings , Ryan Tuttle and I are starting. Dragon Army will be based out of Atlanta Tech Village (freaking pumped about that) and we’ll be focusing on mobile games and apps for consumers. and The Coca-Cola Co.,

Atlanta 77
article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

You should avoid spending your time here and instead focus on finding a way to generate revenue or to attract investors so that you can afford to hire someone. Sweat equity is also applicable for someone who is very interested in the subject that you are working on. Ycombinator © 2010 Social Matchbox, - WordPress Themes by DBT. .

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #9, the founders of Frontline Foods on the moral imperative to support frontline workers at scale

Startup Lessons Learned

Ryan Sarver was a partner at venture capital firm Redpoint. Thanks to thousands of donations, the people who are dedicated to feeding their communities have the opportunity to serve their food to the people providing critical healthcare. The founders of Frontline Foods are three of these people.

article thumbnail

My XOXO Talk

Bryce Dot VC

These notions of an independent ethos don’t map that well to what we know about venture capital, which is a very staged and formulaic way of building a company. As a venture funded startup, you’re supposed to operate a certain way. Because venture does provide a lot of good things to a bunch of really great companies.