Remove Books Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Technical Cofounder
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

What To Do If You’re a Startup CEO & You Don’t Know How To Sell

Hunter Walker

You’re spending much of your time selling: the vision to employees, the opportunity to investors, the story to the press, the offering to the customers, the relationship to partners. Can your lack of interest or skill in “selling” be counter-balanced by a cofounder or team that’s great at it? Yes and No. Notes and More.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Opportunity Hub Partners with Capital Factory To Bridge Opportunity Gap

Austin Startup

Pre-swag surf group photo of HBCU@SXSW students and Spike Lee at Capital One House Over the past several years, tech communities across the United States have attempted to make significant progress towards increasing diversity and inclusion in their industries. Placement is 90%!

Partner 55
article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Our categorization is not a technical one. Capacity Capital, Greater Colorado Venture Fund, Indie.VC, Reformation Partners, UP Fund, Versatile VC. Of the Inc.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

I bought a book and I learned how to program macros and build spreadsheets. It was all technical. You know, the weird thing, Derek, and I should probably let you speak some time, but I was deeply technical when I went into Andersen consulting, and I got paid much less than engineers who graduated, because I had a degree in economics.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Quick Left: An unlikely CEO leads this app development house that’s “a bit like therapy”

The Next Web

The vision of Quick Left, it would seem, is to be somewhat of a technical cofounder as-a-service. It’s a Web and mobile apps design and development company that partners with others of various sizes in order to help them make the important decisions that they might not be qualified to decide themselves.

Developer 114
article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

My former Partner John Frankel of ff Venture Capital observes that 20 years ago, the defining movie of the generation was “Wall Street”. This is a topic we care a lot about, given HOF Capital’s long-term strategy for partnering with universities and my forthcoming book on “ hacking the university ”. “CEO is the new Analyst.”.