Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Entrepreneur
article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

Boston is a great place to start and build a company. There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community.

Boston 71
article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. Most normal customers – even among early adopters - do not pay attention to the trolls.

Community 158
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

But theres no denying the level of support for entrepreneurs that we enjoy. Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. And do your customer development.

article thumbnail

Why we need to teach MBA’s about modern entrepreneurship (and what Harvard Business School is doing about it)

Startup Lessons Learned

One of my beliefs is that such a theory should be addressed to entrepreneurs and the people who hold them accountable. It’s this latter criteria that I think tends to get overlooked in most writing about entrepreneurs. Who holds entrepreneurs accountable? I also frequently see the reverse. Are we making progress?

article thumbnail

A real Customer Advisory Board

Startup Lessons Learned

And, as you can see in my previous post on “ The cardinal sin of community management &# the feedback could be all over the map. But we had some super-active customers who would act as editors, collecting feedback from all over the community and synthesizing it into a report of the top issues. It was absolutely worth it.

article thumbnail

Getting out of the building…by staying in the building!

Steve Blank

The class provides Life Science/Health Care entrepreneurs with real world, hands-on learning on how to rapidly : define clinical utility before spending millions of dollars. understand who their core and tertiary customers are, and the sales and marketing process required for initial clinical sales and downstream commercialization.

San Diego 261
article thumbnail

New conference website, speakers, agenda

Startup Lessons Learned

Case studies Serious entrepreneurs not wannabes actual nuts and bolts, Im sold ont he phiilosophy debates of contentious issues - not just yes men" "Some of the core personalities of the group, a number of startups (who have already achieved fit etc and have success) who can talk from experience." Detailed case studies of how it was done.