Remove California Remove Community Remove Naming Remove San Diego
article thumbnail

Entrepreneur Fills a Market Void by Building Female-Focused Co-Working Spaces

Hearpreneur

I found myself pushed into entrepreneurship after being laid off from a Marketing Director position with a San Diego based high tech company in 2003. I was turned on to the concept of coworking in 2010, when I hosted a networking event, for an organization I was leading, at San Diego’s first coworking space, the Hive Haus.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

00:00:06] DEREK: Tell us about growing up in Northern California, tell us about what your dad did, what your mom did, and your family a little bit. [00:00:52] I grew up in Northern California. I did programming for the career center at UC San Diego, trying to build programs for the career center. 00:00:52] MARK: Sure.

Cofounder 337
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

The Texas capital recently was named the #1 place in America to start a business by CNBC. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The Kauffman Index recently named Miami the second most entrepreneurial city in the U.S., Let’s take a look at some of the best U.S.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2022

Hearpreneur

As an agency, we grew even bigger this year and were named by Inc. 8- Finding a way to give back to my community. I was born and raised in Mexico but currently, I live in beautiful San Diego California. I have always felt very connected to my country and I wanted to find a way to give back to my community.

article thumbnail

It’s Back & Better Than Ever! Announcing NextView’s Everyday Economy Virtual Accelerator

View from Seed

I’m sure you’re familiar with the setup… performative, end-of-program demo days that are meant to somehow wrap the experience up in a bow… gigantic, unfamiliar cohort groups that are somehow meant to feel like close-knit communities… the list goes on and on. Benchmark Labs: San Diego, California.

San Diego 156
article thumbnail

Mastering Growth Momentum: Unveiling Your Agency’s True North

Duct Tape Marketing

Frank Cowell is a speaker, best-selling author, and entrepreneur in the San Diego, California area. Frank (01:06): I think for me, the play on the Revenue Ranch aspects, so Boss is a common term on a ranch, and then revenue tying into the company name. 19:21): These massive shifts coming in. powered by

Revenue 81
article thumbnail

Transcript of Embracing Individuality to Grow Your Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of Embracing Individuality to Grow Your Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He’s the founder of BW Missions , and organization that helps clients globally build communities and develop their voices. I love building communities. Back to Podcast. Transcript. This is John Jantsch.