article thumbnail

How To Maximize A Limited Labor Budget With Gig Work

YoungUpstarts

But gig work is in fact a return to an old labor model in which individuals sought out jobs on the basis of how their skills contributed to the community. Founded in 1974 in San Diego, IES has grown into one of the city’s largest women-owned businesses and been named one of its “Best Places to Work” for 10 years in a row.

San Diego 157
article thumbnail

[Interview] Imaginary Friends Studios (Is More Real Than You Think)

YoungUpstarts

I believe in serving the art community and I consistently devote my time to interact with the aspiring artists through deviantART, chat-rooms and streaming my art on Livestream regularly. Kai Lim: I am also known by my handle UkiTakuMuki within the online art community. Kendrick Lim: I am an illustrator and concept artist by trade.

Singapore 228
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneur Fills a Market Void by Building Female-Focused Co-Working Spaces

Hearpreneur

I found myself pushed into entrepreneurship after being laid off from a Marketing Director position with a San Diego based high tech company in 2003. I was turned on to the concept of coworking in 2010, when I hosted a networking event, for an organization I was leading, at San Diego’s first coworking space, the Hive Haus.

article thumbnail

Crafting Unforgettable Experiences: The 3 M’s of Event Success

Duct Tape Marketing

Key Takeaways: Phil Mershon emphasizes the importance of understanding the customer journey, surprising and delighting attendees with unexpected elements, and transforming event audiences into a supportive community. 07:52] How can you serve both audience and community ? [09:45] How do you view audience versus community?

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

We had a finance group for all of the bank branches based in San Diego, and I wrote programs to download stuff from the mainframe so we could do analysis three days faster than they could send us the data. I did programming for the career center at UC San Diego, trying to build programs for the career center.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Growing a Profitable Marketing Consulting Practice: My First Year as a Duct Tape Marketing Consultant

Duct Tape Marketing

My first interaction with John Jantsch was in April of 2016 at the annual Social Media Marketing World conference in San Diego, CA. A copy of John Jantsch’s presentation at the 2016 Social Media Marketing World conference in San Diego, CA. 40% Revenue Growth.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

The Texas capital recently was named the #1 place in America to start a business by CNBC. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The Kauffman Index recently named Miami the second most entrepreneurial city in the U.S., Let’s take a look at some of the best U.S.