Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Developer Remove Hawaii
article thumbnail

What I Learned from 500 Educators – Build Back Better Summit – Results

Steve Blank

With the theme “Build Back Better” Jerry Engel , Pete Newell , Steve Weinstein and I co-hosted nearly 500 Lean Educators from 63 countries and 235 universities online for a three-hour session to share what we’ve learned about educators on how we can help our communities rebound, adjust, and recover. Minimal Viable Products.

Lean 424
article thumbnail

If, Why, and How Founders Should Hire a “Professional” CEO

Reid Hoffman

20 years ago, the classic startup model was to have young founders start a breakthrough company, then bring in “grey hair” in the form of experienced executives once it was time to scale the business. In other words, Ben asserts that bringing in a professional CEO should be a last resort for a founder. During the dot com era, Yahoo!’s

Founder 78
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Survivors

Both Sides of the Table

It’s my hypothesis of why so many founding teams have 3-4 founders. I’ve seen many first-time founders who had fallings out with their co-founders, had lawsuits, had investors bail on them, lost market momentum. But I’ve been thinking a lot about failure in the past year or so. Yet failure smells.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Audience Development. Digital audience developers and executives discuss their favorites. Leslie Ellwood, Executive Director, Audience Development, American Media Inc. Leslie Ellwood, Executive Director, Audience Development, American Media Inc. . Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 42: Tina Fitch and Alice Brooks

Steve Blank

The show follows the journeys of founders who share what it takes to build a startup – from restaurants to rocket scientists, to online gifts to online groceries and more. Tina Fitch , co-founder of Hobnob , an app that lets users send and manage event invitations via text message. Alice Brooks is the co-founder of Roominate.

Cofounder 268
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 42: Tina Fitch and Alice Brooks

Steve Blank

The show follows the journeys of founders who share what it takes to build a startup – from restaurants to rocket scientists, to online gifts to online groceries and more. Tina Fitch , co-founder of Hobnob , an app that lets users send and manage event invitations via text message. Alice Brooks is the co-founder of Roominate.

Cofounder 120
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Consider Daniel Dreymann, a founder of Goodmail Systems Inc., Mr. Dreymann moved his family from Israel in 2004 after co-founding Goodmail in Mountain View, Calif., and Verizon Communications Inc. Breaking Up (With a Co-Founder) Is Hard to Do. For Twitter Founder, Its Hip to Be Square Inc. Replay the event.