article thumbnail

AC/VC, Mamalode, and The Missoula Startup Community

Feld Thoughts

Amy and I were in Missoula for the marathon on Sunday and I decided to do a Meetup talk about Startup Communities. Rob Irizarry and the Montana Programmers Meetup made everything happen – all I had to do was show up and talk. I was totally, completely blown away by Elke and what she and her gang have created at Mamalode.

Community 150
article thumbnail

Camp Recruiting: The All-In Approach To Unleashing Team Potential

Duct Tape Marketing

This all-in method engages potential team members through immersive experiences, fostering a community-driven environment and identifying individuals with the highest potential. Striking a balance between supporting individual dreams and organizational goals becomes pivotal, with a focus on community values over a top-down culture.

Salary 53
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Most Emailed Feed. Most Emailed Feed. Pension Crisis Looms Despite Cuts. Subscriber Content Read Preview. Firms Miss Out on Jobs Push. Subscriber Content Read Preview. Harley Goes Lean to Build Hogs. Most Popular. Commented. Family Protests CNN Use of Slain Envoys Journal. How to Stop Hospitals From Killing Us. Most Read Articles Feed.

article thumbnail

6 Things to Consider Before Entering a Market

Up and Running

They were making multiple phone calls and dealing with hundreds of emails. For example, the farm and ranch real estate market in Montana is composed of a few large firms and hundreds of mom and pop shops, so it is very fragmented. It was complicated dealing with so many vendors. Being an entrepreneur is scary.

Marketing 111
article thumbnail

Now Is The Time To Prepare Your Business For A Natural Disaster

YoungUpstarts

Simultaneously, people in Oregon, Montana and Idaho are dealing with forest fires brought on by the driest conditions these states have seen in decades. Many people use their mobile device for all communication, but frequently when a disaster strikes, mobile communication systems are one of the first things to be impacted.

article thumbnail

On The Road Again

Feld Thoughts

And I’ve stopped staying up late trying to get all my email from the day responded to like I did for 20 years. I haven’t been here in a while but it’s pretty awesome to see how the startup community has grown in the past five years. I like Atlanta. We sat in the booth next to the one Ted frequents.

article thumbnail

2013’s Top 10 Small Towns For Mobile Entrepreneurs

Mike Michalowicz

With 32 parks and outdoor facilities throughout Clayton County, the Parks and Recreation Department is home to over 896 acres of parkland, three swimming pools, community centers, gymnasiums, playgrounds, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, basketball courts, multi-purpose trails, and a nature preserve. Bozeman, Montana.

Mobile 163