article thumbnail

How to Use Frugal Innovation to Grow Your Startup

ReadWriteStart

A frugal tap in Ghana. The traditional banking system often excludes those living in poverty, making it difficult for them to save and manage their money. In addition, mobile banking can lead to more excellent financial stability and empowerment for individuals and communities, helping to reduce inequalities and promote development.

Startup 198
article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

The ‘’must have ingredients’’ of a strong start-up team are tech, product/project management, marketing, sales, and business/finance competences. 20 % of the project managers are familiar with Scrum, but there are very few product managers – less than 1% of all. Project/ Product Management.

Africa 75
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why I left Wall Street to figure it out.

Austin Startup

The manager of the promotion knew me from having worked on another promotion at the previous year’s SXSW festival for State Farm, and she liked my work. I talked to the manager about this problem and called it off. in the African communities around me? How did I get the gig? I didn’t feel like it?—?getting getting up and going.

article thumbnail

11 Entrepreneurs Describe The BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) For Their Business

Hearpreneur

To move forward, I’ve started by abandoning my DIY websites and investing in a professionally-managed SEO-friendly website. 10- Retire and live abroad in Ghana. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. To break out, I’ve focused on benchmarking my competitors and finding their best practices. Thanks to James Magee. #2-

Ghana 142
article thumbnail

Why Prioritizing Your Family Is Important to Help Your Business Succeed

Women Entrepreneurs Can

Letting them know about being late, learning how to appease them when they’re upset, and managing expectations are all things that are necessary for a good family relationship and a strong business relationship. When you keep your family in the loop about your day to day needs, you learn the best ways to talk to clients as well.

Ghana 40
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Then, I read the former English rugby union coach Clive Woodward’s autobiography ‘Winning’ which is full of stories about managing people, teams and performance. Out of sheer necessity, I was thrust into the world of vacation rental management. It really inspired me – I wanted to run my own company. So, that’s it!

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

We also have built a team of remote employees located in different places of the world, and thanks to platforms such as Slack or Facebook workplace, we communicate daily and have managed to build a strong company culture. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 15- Creating opportunities. 16-EVERYTHING!