article thumbnail

50 Places You Can Learn to Code (for Free) Online

YoungUpstarts

University-level courses, tutorials, cheat sheets, and coding communities all offer excellent ways to pick up a new language, and maybe even a new job, too. University of Michigan : From the University of Michigan, you’ll get access to great programming courses including Computer Vision and Internet History, Technology, and Security.

Ruby 237
article thumbnail

The 20 Coolest CoWorking Spaces In The U.S.

YoungUpstarts

With free coffee and Internet, workspaces, and built-in community, coworking spaces provide a great place to get things done without feeling the isolation of working at home, or trying to overcome the frenetic nature of working in a coffee shop. Austinites love Link so much, it’s “mind-bottling.” 654 Work Cottage. Ignition Alley.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Leave A Six Figure Corporate Job For Internet Entrepreneurship?

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

I attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, a top ten business program year-in year-out and love to pretend to brag about it. Small Business After having established myself in real estate, I decided to invest in a small business in my community. All he needs is his laptop and internet connection.

article thumbnail

New Power: An Interview with Henry Timms

Startup Lessons Learned

The 92nd Street Y is all about strengthening community. We took one of the key values of the Y, which is around community and philanthropy and said, "After Black Friday and Cyber Monday, how could you create a day that was really about philanthropy? You look at the power of climate deniers to communicate better than climate scientists.

Baltimore 115
article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Corporations increasingly see social media as a key PR, communications and marketing medium. Social networking sites and microblogs are used not only to build company brands, but to foster productivity; social media tools help build communities around the question, "What are you working on?"

article thumbnail

Monday night: HBS Angels of NY Investor Meeting and Company Presentations

David Teten

650,000 people gain access to the Internet for the first time every day, 30,000 of which are in the U.S. Only 1 in 4 people has Internet access. Yet, there isn’t one place for credible Internet education and training. Founder Ian Shea has 8 years of internet/tech experience with ReplayTV. Grovo solves this problem.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

13- Got it from the Internet. But I also wanted the name to give a sense of community so that it could feel like a hub to which parents could go for advice, and that is where the pod comes in. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. I also wanted a name that would be memorable and easily recognizable. The result?

Naming 116