article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

His name is Tomas Pueyo. So you're starting to see that, and you realize one healthcare system or two healthcare systems may be able to respond to a crisis successfully, meaning maybe South Korea and China, but once you have 60 countries that have cases, the odds that at least one of them fails in the containment is huge.

article thumbnail

The Power of Torso TV (Why Media is Racing to the Middle)

Both Sides of the Table

The company started out in South Korea by making South Korean drama available on the Internet. I have to admit I couldn’t have named a single SK drama so the team pointed me at the popularity of the show “ Boys Over Flowers ” in the US. I became more aware of it by my friends at Viki. Who knew?

Media 302
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Taking stock of the Dutch tech cluster: What The Netherlands needs to win the European startup scene

The Next Web

Let me drop a few names and you will get the picture: Adyen, Booking.com (acquired by Priceline), Distimo, Mendix, Shapeways, Spilgames, Takeaway.com, TravelBird, WeTransfer and Qandidate. Our population churns out 181 patents per million inhabitants ranking us #8 in the world – ahead of the US, South Korea and Norway.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Journey Takes Melvin Brewing To Denver’s Heights and Beyond

The Startup Magazine

Jeremy’s entrepreneurial journey has led Melvin Brewing to recently be named the Brewmaster and Brewery Group of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival. The Bellingham brewpub has become popular in the community. Melvin has expanded its brewing facilities to a brewpub in Bellingham, Washington.

article thumbnail

How To Reach Millennial Clients With Digital Currency

YoungUpstarts

And while this does happen (namely with cryptocurrency), it’s an exception and not the rule. Millennials should understand the difference between centralization and decentralization, as well as how the user key community plays a key role. Part of leading education involves stripping away common assumptions, too.

article thumbnail

How To Take Back Control Of Technology

Duct Tape Marketing

And other countries like Thailand, South Korea have experimented with different methods. Is it medical communities? , Scroll back to top Sign up to receive email updates Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast. So we are seeing this, but it's not just China.

article thumbnail

Growing Smaller: How Smaller Retailers Are Thinking Beyond Fashion Weeks For #fashion To Compete

YoungUpstarts

Amid all the dazzle, glitz and glamor, one can be forgiven for thinking that high fashion continues to be the realm of global retailers and big-name luxury brands. They look for ways to cultivate and engage a community. Small retailers are starting to use this insight to build loyal online communities, which do the selling for them.