article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

After living and traveling around Thailand in 2014 and with other travelers I was desperate to learn Thai. We want to leave an impact on the communities we operate in and the employees on our team, so we even offer them networking and internship opportunities. 6- To give back to the community. Social media isn't really social.

article thumbnail

The Path of Our Lives

Steve Blank

My roommate, Glen, would become my best friend in Florida and Thailand as we were sent to different air bases in Southeast Asia. In Thailand I even figured out how to sneak off base for a few days, cross Thailand via train, visit him in his airbase and convince everyone I had been assigned to do so (not that easy with a war on.)

Thailand 334
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Take Back Control Of Technology

Duct Tape Marketing

And I think this overuse of spending so much time on screen when your whole social life is on screen for the games, is very similar to what's happening with social media. With social media. And other countries like Thailand, South Korea have experimented with different methods. Is it medical communities? ,

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Once I knew I definitely wanted to start a fashion boutique, I started talking about it to people and on social media platforms like Facebook, so people could hold me accountable. I was doing freelance SEO consulting for e-commerce businesses and on my first trip to Thailand fell in love with the country and the culture.

article thumbnail

How to raise money for your startup from VCs and investors in Asia

The Next Web

He is currently CEO of Bubbly , a social media startup backed by Sequoia Capital, SingTel Innov8, and JAFCO. As I touched on before, China and India have the most mature VC communities. Thailand, Indonesia, Korea, and Vietnam each have a couple of very good VC firms.

Asia 132
article thumbnail

A Guide To Deciphering Intranet Terminology

YoungUpstarts

An activity stream is the main artery of a social intranet because it keeps employees informed about what is going on. The activity stream lists new updates and happenings within the community, and it’s typically the first thing users see when when they log on. Cases are also an effective tool for managing projects. Engagement.

Wiki 100
article thumbnail

[Interview] Amanda Mills, Founder Of Amanda Mills Los Angeles

YoungUpstarts

Therefore, the AMLA vision is to create a desire for a consumer to be affiliated with our community and retail brands. For example, portraying self-expression using the AMLA brand on social media. They did everything from consulting in Thailand to volunteering at orphanages in southern India.