Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Government
article thumbnail

Five case studies you'll see at the Lean Startup Conference 2015

Startup Lessons Learned

The following is a guest post by Kirsten Cluthe and Ritika Puri from The Lean Startup Conference team Wondering what’s new in the Lean Startup community? Every year, our team conducts more than 500 customer development calls to understand what challenges the community is facing. Here are some of our favorites: 1.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Most young people can’t afford to study abroad without government subsidies or scholarships. Post Brexit, many companies in the UK consider distributed teams overseas as an alternative to the shrinking talent pool and high recruitment costs in Britain. In 2014, the unemployment rate was just 2.7% Seychelles.

Africa 75
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

Agency I started back in 2014 and still run, is named Neparno 10, which on Serbian language means Odd 10. Teuko is now the lunchbox community that empowers families who pack lunches. In 2014, I founded i understand as a nonprofit 501c3 and we encourage everyone to be that someone for a loved one experiencing loss.

Naming 102
article thumbnail

Tapping the Strength of Intergenerational Living During a Crisis: A Nonprofit Board President’s View

Board Effect

The residents at Hope Meadows in Rantoul, IL chose their community before they chose their home. In fact, the residents of this little community do a lot of things differently than most people because their neighborhood was established on a principle called, “intentional neighboring.”. In the Beginning.

article thumbnail

Economic Diplomacy and Tech Startups: the “What” and “How” of an Honorary Consul of France in…

Austin Startup

Our previous Consul general, Sujiro Seam, called me for a meeting in downtown Austin during SXSW 2014?—?right Before a change in the way France distributes passports to French citizens in the U.S., The French government, through the French Consulates in the U.S., “Don’t worry,” the Consul general said.

France 48
article thumbnail

Looking for your summer internship? Look no further.

Austin Startup

Thrillbox Thrillbox is an immersive media analytics platform that provides distribution tools for content generators, advertising agencies, vendors, and networks. Dinner Elf We founded Dinner Elf in 2014 because as two busy parents, we weren’t pulling off family dinners. com Peeple - A simple caller ID device for your front door.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Brewery

Up and Running

Where in your area will you find land or a building with the right zoning, size, facilities, and access for bringing in raw materials, attracting customers, and/or shipping out finished beer for distribution? How wide do you want to grow production and distribution, or do you want to focus on selling over your own bar? Relationships.

Oregon 60