Remove Cap Table Remove Community Remove Operations Remove Partner
article thumbnail

Upfront Ventures Adds Hamet Watt as New Investment Partner

Both Sides of the Table

I am thrilled to announce that we have added Hamet Watt as a Partner at Upfront Ventures. But as sweet as that success has been (we invested pre-revenue in a small team) today my even more important news was the further expansion of our partner ranks. We have been on a drive to add more operational partners.

Partner 340
article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. 2-5x return cap + path to uncapped equity-returns. Capacity Capital, Greater Colorado Venture Fund, Indie.VC, Reformation Partners, UP Fund, Versatile VC.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

But in business, you want a lot of partners. I walk through below how progressive investors are using technology and analytics throughout all of their operations. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Most of us want one spouse and we’re done. 1) Manage the firm .

article thumbnail

Does Your VC have an Investment Thesis, or a Hypothesis?

David Teten

Avataar Ventures invests exclusively in companies which fit these criteria: “$15 Million + in Annual Recurring Revenues; Strong Tech-Led B2B & SaaS Companies; Core Operations in India/ South East Asia; Open to Active Partnering.” 6) Situation-defined funds. Some firms optimized around certain aspects of the investment situation.

article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

In 2019 we partnered with several revenue-based lending providers, effectively creating a marketplace. “. We collect more data on an individual business than, to our knowledge, any other RBI investor, through our application process, data partners, and various public sources online. The average monthly operating expenses is $70,335.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

(written by Philipp von dem Knesebeck , Managing Partner, Blue Future Partners (bluefp.com, @bluefutureteam ), and David Teten ). Based on this paper, Blue Future Partners and PEVCTech recently completed a large-scale survey to find out which tools are most commonly used by venture capital firms.

article thumbnail

How to Work with Lawyers at a Startup

Both Sides of the Table

He’s totally tapped into the startup communities in Silicon Valley and a bit in LA. Focus on the partner you would be working with. I always try operate on the “Fixed Fee +&# arrangement. One issue he talked about was working with partners. I also like to work with partners. Get to know them.