article thumbnail

A $25K Matching Gift To Boost Entrepreneurship in Kansas City Through Storytelling

Feld Thoughts

Since 2015, Startland News has helped Kansas City entrepreneurs shout their triumphs from the rooftops — a critical piece of storytelling as the local startup community evolves beyond good ideas written on napkins to the home of powerhouse startups and nine-figure exits.

article thumbnail

Managing an Expanding Business, With Your Mission Guiding the Way

Duct Tape Marketing

This week on the Duct Tape Marketing podcast, I sit down with Matt Scanlon, owner of The Hill KC in Kansas City. Formerly known as CrossFit Memorial Hill, the business began as a CrossFit gym. Once Scanlon began running the gym, he started to notice other ways to serve the community. Payroll and benefits are hard.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #80 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! The image above is a photo of Manarola, Italy – a small town in northern Italy. Time to move to Kansas City for faster Internet speeds? – [link].

article thumbnail

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company

Duct Tape Marketing

3:52] You’ve worked with a lot of pretty big names in your career – would you say that this idea is equally as important for a small business as it might be for a division of a Fortune 500 company? [5:20] So, so, so I, most of my listeners, many of my listeners are small business owners. What would you say that?

Naming 76
article thumbnail

A Collection of the Best Virtual Tools Available Today

Duct Tape Marketing

At Duct Tape Marketing, we only have two team members that work out of the home office in Kansas City. After testing tools over the years, we found Facebook receives the most response for bigger groups due to the habit of people regularly logging into Facebook for other personal or business reasons.

Harvest 28
article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

After thinking about how much I enjoyed helping her business grow and learning all I could about business structure, marketing, SEO and social media to name a few, I decided to take these new skills and help other small business owners. My company now helps any new or existing business grow and succeed.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Creating a Winning SEO Strategy

Duct Tape Marketing

I live in Kansas City, Missouri. In other words, if you’re trying to check on results and track results, sometimes it’s a little challenging if your IP address is in Kansas City, Missouri. John Jantsch: So if somebody was in your shoes or just even somebody like myself. Brian Dean: Yep.

SEO 60