article thumbnail

The 5 Best States In America For New Business

YoungUpstarts

Utah has long been recognized as a great place to start a business. Utah has a growing economy and low unemployment. Utah businesses benefit from low corporate taxes, business friendly regulations and energy costs 29 percent lower than the national average. Here are five of the best states for starting a business: 1.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #26 – Design, Marketing, Small Business, Social Media And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about design, startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! Interesting stats in a recently released social media marketing survey - [link]. How to Prevent a Community From Growing On Your Site – [link]. Yeah – UTAH! - [link].

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 22 Unexpected Places Where You Can Find Great Employees

Mike Michalowicz

As you volunteer your time whether painting fences for a community park or serving pizza to school kids, look around at the other generous givers. is within volunteer communities. Social media companies compete with all types of promotional companies. Omniture set up shop in Utah. The perfect way to find a great recruit.

Employee 144
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial events firm Summit Series acquires Utah’s Powder Mountain ski resort for $40m

The Next Web

About an hour’s drive from Salt Lake City, lies Utah’s Powder Mountain. After 5-years of hosting epic events for entrepreneurs including Summit Basecamp , Summit at Sea and DC10 , The Summit Series team decided it was time to grow roots, and found its home in a place called Eden, Utah.

Utah 168
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Media & Marketing. Media Agencies. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. The language you used does not comply with community standards.

article thumbnail

How To Take Back Control Of Technology

Duct Tape Marketing

And I think this overuse of spending so much time on screen when your whole social life is on screen for the games, is very similar to what's happening with social media. With social media. Well I think there are all kinds of bills trying to restrict if in Utah something's just passed to restrict the age of kids.

article thumbnail

Why I’m Turning Over a New Leaf & Refocusing My Energy

Both Sides of the Table

These are people who now live in Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York City but grew up in Cincinnati, Central Florida, Utah, Michigan and similar places where their parents, families or friends may have different political views. But we must turn over a new leaf and try to make tomorrow better for ourselves and our communities.