article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Pivots They Are Making in Their Business in 2023

Hearpreneur

I want to listen to them deeply about our products. I've been working in this industry for a few years now, and there are two kinds of businesses: those that focus on their products and services, and those that focus on their customers. Thanks to Balaram Thapa, Nepal Hiking Team ! #12- 16- Focusing on the needs of the community.

article thumbnail

Top 3 Startup Winner: Digs

The Startup Magazine

Describe the Digs product/service in 10 words or less. Digs is a savings product that helps renters transition into homeownership. We have sent hundreds of volunteers to help communities in need, all the way from Haiti to Nepal. I also think that funding the product ourselves made us improve how we monetize the product.

Chad 111
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

My Water Pilgrimage:

Austin Startup

What spending 10 days in a remote village in Nepal has taught me about the role of technology in water sustainability and independence The Origin Story At an early age, my parents instilled in us a sense of empathy for the less fortunate and taught us to be mindful custodians of the world and its precious natural resources.

Nepal 48
article thumbnail

[Competition] Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Awards

YoungUpstarts

Hosted online at Ashoka Changemakers - a community that connects social entrepreneurs around the globe to share ideas, inspire, and mentor each other – application for the competition is now open and will close midnight 1 August 2014. His idea is being turned into a repeatable model in communities throughout Indonesia.

Indonesia 160
article thumbnail

A Story About a Startup Founded by an Immigrant

The Startup Magazine

Language and cultural barriers can make it hard to convince others of the value of a product. All Cong Son Ta ever wanted out of life was a chance to make something of himself and contribute to society in a productive way. Now, Cong Son Ta helps people in need from Africa, Syria, Nepal, and more.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I continued playing and refereeing at the national level, and from there, got the idea of setting up an e-commerce business for referee products. Together, we own and operate the Referee Store, where we carry a wide variety of referee products for soccer, football, basketball, and baseball. 3- Need in the autism community.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

We’ve made it a core promise to represent products that are responsibly sourced, including our EchoPanel acoustic material, which has helped rescue over 200 million plastic bottles from landfills and is recyclable at the end of life. Here in Nepal, we have 8 tallest peaks among the 14 in the world. Photo Credit: Luke Marthinusen.

Naming 133